Fuel line replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel line replacement

looking for a replacement fuel line, recommendations on vendors would be appreciated.
    flared nipples and what looks to be 5/16 27 threads?
    want to install a filter inline to minimize fouling my carb.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

It looks like I see Indian red on one part. Would this be for an early Indian? Power Plus, 101 Scout, Chie,f etc. I don't know who would have one but you might check with Ziggy or the European Indian aftermarket producers. Easy to have a machine shop whittle you up a couple of nipple (you have sample), you can bend a little line and solder them on. I guess you don't want to waste the original line?
    DrSprocket

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
      It looks like I see Indian red on one part. Would this be for an early Indian? Power Plus, 101 Scout, Chie,f etc. I don't know who would have one but you might check with Ziggy or the European Indian aftermarket producers. Easy to have a machine shop whittle you up a couple of nipple (you have sample), you can bend a little line and solder them on. I guess you don't want to waste the original line?

the fuel line is from 1913 Emblem single

Comment

I then suggest the second part of my above advice.
        DrSprocket

Comment

I made this fixture many years ago to bend strain relief circles in tubing. I should have made a better fixture, but it has made tubing bends for over 35 years and still works. I made this fixture to do 1/4", and 3/8" tubing. Bending tubing around pipes, or round objects does not work and will cause kinks, and irregular, crappy looking radii. Motorcycle plumbing is very difficult, and persnickety as there are so many variables in bend allowance, and the un-predictability of linear, and angular combination requirements - - - (i.e.) trial, and error stuff that wastes a lot of expensive tubing. It is best to make tests with cheaper materials, and have your bending fixture very close to the motorcycle you are fitting.

tubec.jpg

This picture shows how tubing is formed in the fixture. It's also a good idea to make test bends on coat hangers, or welding rods before experimenting with expensive tubing.

image_36060.jpg

I've made all the tubing for Excelsiors, and Hendersons with this fixture.

as5.jpg

nik5.jpg
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

I believe they probably have a company somewhere near you like we have out here called hose and tube which makes gas, oil, hydraulic lines, and hoses, etc. They could make it off your sample and you could have the fittings machined and then just solder them on.
            DrSprocket

Comment

Hey exeric, an impressive piece of DIY equipment. Hats off to you!

Comment

Working...
              X