Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60 Antique Motorcycles of Mike Wolfe to be sold at Las Vegas Auction January 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60 Antique Motorcycles of Mike Wolfe to be sold at Las Vegas Auction January 2023

Well Mike Wolfe is looking to part with 60 cycles from his collection, that's roughly half. He wants to focus on pre 1920 motorcycles. See the article in the Des Moines Iowa Register at the following link. See just a few of the gems in the photo below.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...s/69786136007/

Screenshot 2023-01-10 at 3.11.34 PM copy.jpg

Mike Love

I hope he does well, as always, I hope the owner profits. I feel owners of large collections believe a down turn in the economy may happen soon and are getting why the getting is good. Economics runs in cycles no matter how much you want to argue against it. IMHO. Opinions?

I will add that my latest Hagerty insurance magazine values Knuckleheads (without being year specific) as # 1 condition $143,000, # 2 $101,000, #3 $68,800, #4 $46,600.
    Last edited by BigLakeBob; 01-11-2023, 08:22 AM.
    Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Brethren,
      Sorry To Read About The Massive Stroke Of Frank Fritz, Mikes Friend & Co-Host.

Rick Stambaugh # 2472

Comment

Originally posted by BigLakeBob View Post
        I hope he does well, as always, I hope the owner profits. I feel owners of large collections believe a down turn in the economy may happen soon and are getting why the getting is good. Economics runs in cycles no matter how much you want to argue against it. IMHO. Opinions?

I will add that my latest Hagerty insurance magazine values Knuckleheads (without being year specific) as # 1 condition $143,000, # 2 $101,000, #3 $68,800, #4 $46,600.
        It is amazing the tracking of value and income collections can bring. This is such an interesting discussion BigLakeBob. I wondered why song writers including David Bowie, Bruce Springsteen, Bob Dylan, Stevie Nicks and Neil Young sold their entire catalog, but I think they see their age and might as well get what you can while you have control over it, not some bunch of lawyers.

Mike Love

Comment

Originally posted by rickgeo View Post
          Brethren,
          Sorry To Read About The Massive Stroke Of Frank Fritz, Mikes Friend & Co-Host.

Rick Stambaugh # 2472
          Me too Rickgeo, their chemistry and differences in personality and interests makes that show's core theme so interesting and I think we begin to like these folks as friends. Stroke is so devastating and if it doesn't kill you there is such a range of impacts it has on people.

Mike Love

Comment

I am going to the Mecum Auction in Vegas as always. Not selling this year so have my eye on a couple of bikes I would like to add to the family. One is in the As Found group Mike Wolfe has brought. I don't want to say which one but will make mention later if I am successful. If you have never been to this event you really should consider going as to be there in person is beyond what I can even express here.
            #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Direct link to bikes. Interestingly, I count even number of Indians and HDs at 25 each
              https://www.mecum.com/auctions/las-v...fe-collection/

My wife and I met Mike last August by chance in the small town of Saltsburg PA. We were eating at a restaurant in town and saw the van go by and afterward we tracked them down and they had just finished filming. Had nice visit with Mike and Jersey. He told me keep an eye out as he was putting a good number of bikes in upcoming Mecum auction.

Last edited by Skirted; 01-16-2023, 05:52 PM.
              Jason Zerbini
              Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
              Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

I hope Mike doesn't expect Steve McQueen prices for his bikes

Comment

The entire collection is...'No Reserve' Arley. It will have to be a Major Bidding war. But it would be very funny if every single motorcycle was low~balled, just like the show.

*M.A.D.*
                  Last edited by JoJo357; 01-17-2023, 10:59 AM.

Comment

I don't think you will see that kind of star power for these bikes, Steve McQueen was a famous actor, motorcycle racer and many of his were restored. I still have the auction catalog for Steve's . I am interested in one bike of Mike's and it means nothing to me that he owned it.
                    #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
                    X