Transport from Texas to California

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transport from Texas to California

Hello All, I'm writing on the off chance someone might be traveling between North Texas (Dallas/Ft Worth area) and Northern California (Sacramento Area) and could transport a motorcycle engine for me. It's a 1980 Shovelhead and I can crate it however is needed for transport. I can travel to meet people on either end if your going to be anywhere within a few hours of these destinations. I'm also willing to pay a fee for your services. Feel free to respond here or send me a private message.

If anyone have a recommendation for a decent transport company I'm researching those as well. I found previous threads that mentioned Mach 1 shipping, shipmybike.com. and Federal Companies, and I plan to reach out to each of them for a quote. Not sure if they do engines or if they only do whole bikes, but I'll see what they say.

Here's a picture of the engine for reference.
    01313_9dWijngrVTGz_0dr0t2_1200x900.jpg
    Eric Olson
    Membership #18488

I shipped a sidecar with Fastenal Shipping a couple yrs ago, might be worth a call. The seller secured it to a pallet & covered it, cost from NY to TX was less than $300 store to store. They won't ship a complete motorcycle.
    Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
      I shipped a sidecar with Fastenal Shipping a couple yrs ago, might be worth a call. The seller secured it to a pallet & covered it, cost from NY to TX was less than $300 store to store. They won't ship a complete motorcycle.
      Excellent, thanks for that recommendation. I'll check with them and see what they say.

Update: Unfortunately they split the US into 2 zones, and they don't ship across them.
      Fastenal.jpg
      Last edited by EricOlson; 01-05-2023, 12:53 PM.
      Eric Olson
      Membership #18488

Comment

Aw bummer, I hope you find something better!
        Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

You might check Greyhound Bus. Pretty sure a motor would be within size limit, but you would need to verify max weight limit. I shipped a stripped servicar box by Greyhound bus several years ago and it barely (but did) qualified in dimensions however was under the max weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster View Post
            You might check Greyhound Bus. Pretty sure a motor would be within size limit, but you would need to verify max weight limit. I shipped a stripped servicar box by Greyhound bus several years ago and it barely (but did) qualified in dimensions however was under the max weight.
            Thanks for the lead Buster. Unfortunately, according to their website Greyhound suspended shipping operations in September of 2022. I'm still exploring and trying to gather quotes, but I may have a lead with "The Shipping Guys". We've exchanged a few emails and it sounds like it could work out. If anyone else has any thoughts I'll gladly explore them.
            Eric Olson
            Membership #18488

Comment

Eric;

I was trying to look through my receipts (but I'm a lousy book-keeper.)

Freight Quote sticks in my mind believe I have used then NY to Calf

www.freightquote.com

Comment

Working...
              X