X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Veterans Day.

*M.A.D.*

95c7b2f4bbbafc939f4be5e56ba21778.jpg
    Last edited by JoJo357; 11-11-2022, 02:27 AM.

*M.A.D.*

95c7b2f4bbbafc939f4be5e56ba21778.jpg
    11Nov11-CPR-StopArmisticeDay.jpg

Comment

May there sacrifice never be forgotten trivialize or made politically correct

Comment

May we never forget.

Comment

Armistice Day, November 11, 1918, was the "cease fire", not the surrender, or Treaty of Versailles (1919) ending WW1.
          Originally intended to commemorate the enormous death toll in WW1 (Battle of the Somme 1916: 1 million casualties). The holiday was extended in both chronological directions to include the earlier Civil War and Spanish-American war, and forward to include the later WW2, Korea and Viet Nam.
          My grandfather served in France with the American Expeditionary Force (as it was called then) under General J. J. ("Black Jack") Pershing, I still have his knapsack and the letter he wrote home to my grandmother.
          My father served in the Philippines in WW2.
          The Linkert Book

Comment

My grandfather also served in France (the Somme and Muse-Argonne Forest) and many other places such as Mexico (chasing Pancho Villa) the Philippines and Canal Zone with Walter Reed fighting Yellow Fever along with Pershing and others. He was a front-line doctor and military surgeon so saw more than his fair share of death and destruction. War is always brutal but can't imagine what he and others went through in that time period. The advent of modern warfare and weapons was brutal. Thanks to all who have or are now serving!!!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
            AMCA #12766

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
              Armistice Day, November 11, 1918, was the "cease fire", not the surrender, or Treaty of Versailles (1919) ending WW1.
              My Dad (a WW2 veteran) remembered Armistice Day in his small Ohio town. He recalled there were Civil War veterans in the parade but every year there were fewer. Thanks to all who served, and sacrificed so we can enjoy the freedoms we have left.
              Eric Smith
              AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post

Thanks to all who served, and sacrificed so we can enjoy the freedoms we have left.
                Well said Eric. I give thanks to all who served and sacrificed so I can live in the greatest country on Earth!

If you want to see some WW1 bikes in action, skip forward to around 21:00 minutes - https://youtu.be/m7oxAL7hotA
                Eric Olson
                Membership #18488

Comment

What a fantastic film, Eric. What a great time that was to ride motorcycles, and fly bi-planes. Regardless of the war, people took their love of America, and hatred of tyranny seriously. I've not seen that film before, thanks, Eric
                  Eric Smith
                  AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
                  X