Greetings from Iowa City

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings from Iowa City

Hello! My name is John Schmillen and my user name is schmillen. I am a new member from Iowa City, Iowa. I have a 1942 Harley 45 that I've owned since 1976. I had the motor rebuilt in the early 1990's and the bike has been sitting since then. I am trying to get it going again and look forward to participating in the AMCA forums.

Welcome John! Good move getting that 45 up and running, you live in an area with a lot of great riding opportunities! You're also close to Davenport, meet is coming up soon: https://www.chiefblackhawk.org
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Welcome from Chicago.

indeed, come out to Davenport in a couple weeks. Amca members will be in abundance.

Comment

My shop is in Riverside & I have plenty of 45" experience if you need help.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckthebeatertruck View Post
          Welcome from Chicago.

indeed, come out to Davenport in a couple weeks. Amca members will be in abundance.
          If you need drink or shade, Schmillen,..

My booth is on the southeast corner of the vendor field, by the race gate, opposite the little white schoolhouse 'museum', one of the first you will see if you park in the Locust Street entrance lot. Look for very, very tired cafe umbrellas.

Please note that its pretty much over by Saturday morn; Hope to meet you there!

....Cotten
          Last edited by T. Cotten; 08-14-2022, 02:45 PM.
          AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Greeting's John.
            I still have my '43 WLC civilianized. Great Motorcycles & hard to part with. Get her running and enjoy the ride. Ya, try like hell to make Davenport~it's a Blast! You're like less than an hour away.

*M.A.D.*
            Last edited by JoJo357; 08-14-2022, 05:17 PM.

Comment

Hello:

Thank you all for your responses. I will try to make it to Davenport for the upcoming meet. I went to one many years ago and had a great time. Take care!

John

Comment

Working...
              X