Need help from residents in Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help from residents in Florida

I recently sold a motorcycle for an estate in Wisconsin to a German National and he is trying to register it in Florida. He says the Florida authorities are asking for a 'Document of Authenticity'. We gave him a valid signed Wisconsin title and a signed Bill-of-Sale at the time of the transaction.

Anybody familiar with what a Document of Authenticity looks like?

Jerry

Jerry
    I suspect what their asking for is the VIN verification form.
    https://www.flhsmv.gov/pdf/forms/82042.pdf
    The clerk handling the transfer can do this on site.
    But the last time I did the process the Clerk here (Pinellas County) complained that he had to walk outside and verify the numbers himself and pointed out that I could have provided the form to save him the trouble.
    Good Luck

Comment

I believe sswaney is correct. I purchased a non-running Harley UL and was told in order to register it for a Florida title I had to either bring it down to the local motor vehicle bureau for verification or have a designated person come to my house to verify the VIN. I went to my local police department and an officer came to my place that same day and filled out the form.

Comment

Same deal for me. I got the VIN form from the Country DMV and arranged for a police officer come to my house to verify the physical number.
        Eric Smith
        AMCA #886

Comment

If the bike is not in Florida yet, they allow a local licensed dealer to fill out the form. That's what I did with the bike I left in Fla.
          AMCA #41287
          1971 Sprint SS350 project
          1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
          1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
          1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
          96" Evo Softail self built chopper
          2012 103" Road King "per diem"
          plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Working...
          X