No announcement yet.

Cannonball Stealth Starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is installed on a 48 FL.The Clutch lever required the most modification. I see they offer what looks like a revised version now. This install was done 4 years ago.

Comment

Just an update on the Cannonball starter . I finally completed the install & have put about 130 miles on my '49 Pan , in 90 plus deg. weather with no problems . I did buy there battery box which accepts the Antigravity 1201 battery . I put about $3900.00 into the stater & components , plus about $700.00 in the 12 volt conversion . So this is not a cheep endeavor , but after owning this bike for over 43 years I think it was worth every penny ! It takes the " is it going to start " out of the equation !
      I have been worried about the 1201 Lithium Ion battery bursting into flames , but nothing so far . I have put a thermometer in the oil tank after a ride on a 90 deg.day & had a reading of about 150 deg. . The warning on the battery says " not to run over 140 deg. " So far, so good . I love it !
      Thanks to Claudio at W&W plus Thomas ( who makes the starter & components ) plus you guys for all your help !
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X