Legends and Legacies Memorial Run

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Legends and Legacies Memorial Run

Maybe I missed it before, but the July-August issue of 'The Antique Motorcycle' has a two-page advertisement for an event in September for pre-1930 motorcycles. Going to the website at https://www.legendsandlegaciesrun.com/, the run will start just over two months from now on September 7, "is the first of many events," says it is in honor of the late Ronnie Isam, Jr., the originator of the Cannonball, and will follow the same route as the original Cannonball event that was organized by Isam before he died.

Clearly, this "Legends and Legacies" is in direct competition with the "Motorcycle Cannonball." Does anyone know the backstory to this?

LegendsLegacies.jpg

Is it a re-issued Cannonball?
    DrSprocket

Comment

Cannonball site says 2023 VA. to CA. Must be some interlopers. Maybe Tedd he likes to copy stuff.
      DrSprocket

Comment

Source told me that the two promoters of the Cannonball split the sheets and there is now two cross country rides on different years.
        DrSprocket

Comment

Interesting that The Chase, run by Jason Simms, starts just a week later. They'll be riding old Route 66.
          Looks like a conflict to me.
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by RichO View Post
            Source told me that the two promoters of the Cannonball split the sheets
            My understanding was that there are only two promoters of the Cannonball: Jason and LeeAnn Simms. Is, or was, this incorrect? Was there a "secret" additional promoter who now has split off?

Comment

This is a legitimate ride folks! It is being promoted by a gentleman who is not happy with the Cannonball, it's promoters or the direction the event has moved. He is creating his own ride based more on the ideas of the first Cannonball. This is not a money making venture, so the motivation is different. If you are interested, contact them, it IS legit!

Comment

LOLO, just heard they cancelled,...............again........

Comment

Originally posted by riggpigg View Post
                  LOLO, just heard they cancelled,...............again........
                  Again? Does this mean the organizer announced this ride in a previous year but then cancelled it? If so, I missed it when that happened. In any case, as of this morning the web site doesn't mention cancellation of this year's ride, and still calls for entries.

Comment

This ride has been cancelled. I heard there were only 11 riders signed up. I was one, but decided to go on the Chase again instead since I am doing the Cannonball again next year.

Comment

Im curious what the cost is to participate in these events,outside of the obvious ,the motorcycle,food and lodging ,support etc.
                      I realize the promoters must have lots of expenes but just wonder about entrance fees which dont seem to advertised.
                      Thanks
                      Tom

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead 61 View Post
                        there were only 11 riders signed up. I was one,
                        When had you first learned of this now-cancelled event? The first I heard of it was the advertisement shown at the start of this thread, i.e. only a little over a week ago, but had there been earlier announcements that I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by BoschZEV View Post
                          When had you first learned of this now-cancelled event? The first I heard of it was the advertisement shown at the start of this thread, i.e. only a little over a week ago, but had there been earlier announcements that I missed?
                          I was called on the phone with the news.

Comment

Originally posted by knucklehead 61 View Post
                            I was called on the phone with the news.
                            When had you first heard of the event itself, not of the later cancellation?

Comment

Originally posted by BoschZEV View Post
                              When had you first heard of the event itself, not of the later cancellation?
                              don't remember exactly, but many months ago, which is when i first signed up for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X