No announcement yet.

Converting Peashooter SV to OHV - help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Converting Peashooter SV to OHV - help!

What I have:
    B bottom end and genuine original OHV barrel and head.
    B inlet and exhaust cams, generator oil idler gear and generator drive gear.

How do I convert bottom end to magneto?

Thanks E4111E72-B831-4705-ACDC-93A8AD2FDC39.jpeg0CADDA4B-EAF4-415A-B9AF-1CBC31315037.jpeg

I’m guessing - pinion 20T, inlet 40T outer/34T inner, exhaust 34T, oil idler 43T (moved in case) and magneto 40T.

What changes need making to the outer timing cover to accommodate the oil pumps new position.

Comment

I have a BA that was highly modified in the past, bought it this way. Just had it to the HD museum for the Wild Ones Weekend and John Olsen (www.johnolsenphoto.com) was kind enough to share a high quality photo of the right side on my bike. Not sure this will help........ If you need pics of the left side or mag mounting, I can get some posted for you. Good luck with your project
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi eddiepanhead,
        Great photo!
        What carburettor are you running?
        Photos of the left side and mag mounting will help.
        Best wishes

Comment

Originally posted by Motorviking View Post
          Hi eddiepanhead,
          Great photo!
          Absolutely the greatest fuel line of all time!

....Cotten

AMCA #776
          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Hi eddiepanhead,
            Great photo!
            What carburettor are you running?
            Photos of the left side and mag mounting will help.
            Best wishes
            While we are still waiting for Eddie,

Its appears to be a 1 1/4" Model 'potmetal' Schebler somewhere between Model 81 and 130, with the '39 and earlier 'long-bottom' bowl (upper right).

SCHBBWLS.jpg
            If anyone has any clues when they switched from the potmetal short-bottom bowl lower left ), they would be greatly appreciated!

Until Eddie tells us the number stamped upon the other side, its generic.

Here's one un-stamped!

UNSTMPD.jpg

.... Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 06-30-2022, 01:19 PM.
            AMCA #776

Comment

Sorry for the slow response! Work always gets in the way. Finished traveling with a drop in to Wauseon on Friday.
              Anyway, the carb is a DLX 110 that Cotton was kind enough to go through and preserve for me.....Thanks Cotton
              I have attached pics for more reference....
              While at Wauseon, had the pleasure to meet Myron Pace of NC. he was kind enough to speak with me and share some knowledge of what I have and background about these singles.
              He had a bunch of B/BA/S/SA stuff with him and has been working on these for decades.
              He might be a great resource for your conversion. Phone#828-749-5336
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 5 photos.

Comment

Hi eddiepanhead,

Thanks for the info and photos. Will really help my build.

Making a list of suitable carburettors - not given up hope of finding an AMX-12.

Do you have an email address for Myron Pace?

I’m based in the UK, so time zone, family and works commitments might make a phone call challenging.

We have Auto jumbles (Swap meets) here but find little to nothing for motorcycles made in the USA.

Kind regards

Comment

No, sorry. His card only includes the phone # and address of: PO Box 704, Saluda, NC 28773
                  No email

Comment

...Making a list of suitable carburettors - not given up hope of finding an AMX-12...
                    Eddie's choice of a Scout/Chief model, Motorviking,..

Shows just how wide open the field of "suitable carburettors" can be!

Its more about everything being in order, than being "correct", but "correct" is always your best investment, which you will still have to get in order.

I'll be lucky if I live long enough to hold another AMX in my hand again, and figure out the idle circuit. (Come to think of it, I still don't understand the DLX/Linkert idle circuit.)

....Cotten
                    AMCA #776

Comment

This Supplement appeared from the factory for inclusion with the 1931 Parts Book.
                      It details all the different parts that were fitted to the ohv models.
                      I've enlarged the illustrations so they are easier to see
                      Hope this helps Tommo 1927-31 HD supplement page 10001.jpg1927-31 supplement page enlargement.jpg
                      Peter Thomson, a.k.a. Tommo
                      A.M.C.A. # 2777
                      Palmerston North, New Zealand.

Comment

Working...
                      X