Viking Chapter National Meet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking Chapter National Meet

Ok boys and girls - listen up. The Viking Chapter National Meet is coming up on June 10-11. I have in my possession literally thousands of pieces of paper with motorcycle serial numbers on them. This paper mostly came out of Howard W Belmont's Harley Davidson of St Paul 40 years ago. These serial numbers are mainly Harley but there are a few Indian, Allstate, Cushman, mini bikes, MV Augusta etc. This paper includes a few titles but mainly it is registrations, work orders, warrantee claims and so forth. I am going to bring this stash of paper to the meet and if anybody can prove to me that they own the bike I will give you the piece of paper that your serial number is on. So if you have a bike that has been around the Minneapolis/St Paul area and suspect that it may have gone though Howard's dealership. take a picture of the serial and bring it to the meet - or better yet bring the motorcycle to the meet. This paperwork encompasses the years of the late 30's all the way to the end of the dealership in 1984. The picture included is typical of what I have. DSC02480.JPG

What a great offer Jerry! It is always very cool to have any extra documentation for a bike.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Cool stuff.I have info on a couple teens Indians,but never found the owners & bikes.

Comment

This discovery still has my head spinning. For years I have been trying to give paperwork away if people could prove to me that they owned the motorcycle that it was referencing. Well I do not know how it happened but I somehow missed this for years. I've had the paperwork for 40 years and the 1942 EL engine for at least 30. I purchased the engine in Lake Elmo, Minnesota and the paperwork is 1963 and 1964 registrations from Stillwater, Minnesota. DSC02486.JPGDSC02485.JPG

Comment

My 55KHK came from up there Jerry. I'll post the numbers for you.
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Amazing how you ended up with that paperwork for all those years and just happened to have your engine number papers cool

Comment

Working...
            X