Egeberg Cycle Co. Minneapolis, MN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egeberg Cycle Co. Minneapolis, MN

Hello, Im new here and I am really liking this forum and all the great information available. I bought a 62 FLH dressed up cruiser last year from an elderly fellow who bought it from Egeberg cycle shop. It is thought that the bike was a "dealer" bike when he bought it in 64. His memory wasn't all that great but Im interested in finding out what I can. There was a discussion topic a couple years ago and a fellow named "Dane" wrote that he had all the records from Egeberg cycle he obtained from the shop owners daughter. Dane hasn't been on here since 20' but if anyone knows him I would like to get a message to him about my bikes records if possible. It was always black and I have pics in the 60s. The previous owner repainted it the same color later in the 70s.

I'm also interested in anything that came from Egeberg Cycle Shop, such as tags, calendar's, etc., anything at all.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 4 photos.

Welcome to the AMCA. Beautiful bike and great to see a young man with enthusiasm, and interest in this weird, but wonderful hobby. I've heard a lot about Egeberg H-D over the years, and know there are many Minnesota members on this forum.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Welcome Rusty! I think Egeberg was a solid dealer in the Twin Cities for a long time, so I hope someone chimes in with a bit of background for you.
      Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Welcome Rusty!
        Beautiful bike. Good Look with your search.

Comment

Egeberg was an Indian dealer up until the late 40's. They saw the writing on the wall and switched to Harley before Indian imploded. Howard Wagner used to work there when they were an Indian dealer, before he went of to the Army and served in occupied Japan. He talked a lot about working there and has some interesting stories.

Comment

Hope these are interesting, Rusty!

Egeberg Indian.jpg

EGEBERG MINN.jpg
            (They were probably snagged from the Vintage Photos thread.)

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 02-06-2022, 11:26 AM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Well a little background on Roy Egeberg. Near as I can tell Egeberg Cycle Co was started by his dad as an Indian agency. In 1948 seeing the 'handwriting on the wall' he converted his dealership to HD after the previous HD dealer that originally was part of Heckrich and Webb out of St Paul closed their agency. I guess the rest is history. He died with his boots on so to speak. Aug 1979 he was on his way home from the Vandergrift HD summer party in Albert Lea and a car pulled out in front of him.

Comment

I'll take the one in the window. So cool, Thanks Cotten. The old man Tillman bought the bike with the newer style bags and signal lights already on it. He can't remember much but its thought that the dealer put the newer style bags, guards, turn signals, and popsicle pedal (all white) on it when they came out in 63. I removed all of it and replaced with 62 gear. I also have the original buddy seat and a 49-54 police solo seat which he bought that was hanging on the wall at the time, as he needed one. I had heathers leathers make me an antique white solo that matches all the aged white stuff. I might sell all the replaced stuff including the police seat, or trade. I attached a pic of the original price tag from Egeberg.
                Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the forum Rusty, great looking '62 and great story. If you haven't already you might want to look into getting the correct keyswitch or keyswitch cover.
                  Bob Rice #6738

Comment

Thanks Bob, I bought one and ran out of time before having to go on the road to work... I plan to swap it out soon as I get home, along with a slew of other tasks. My generator needs to be pulled and gone through, and Im replacing the electronic ignition with dual points, I have all the original stuff. I'm not happy with the way the timing marks on the timer are way not very accurate. I'm going to get her cleaned up and put her in a show at the Fandango meet in April.

Comment

What a great looking panhead you have there Rusty. My father road a ‘57 pan, I’ve always had a soft spot for them

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X