2022 National Road Run Schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 National Road Run Schedule

Noticed the Road Run schedule has been posted on the website. At first I thought maybe this was a typo but it isn't. Apparently due to extenuating circumstances, they all ended up in September

road runs.jpg
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

I believe the club made a mistake making all the roadruns and a swap meet in the same month. I try to go to several roadruns a year and it would be impossible for me to do it with all in same month.

Comment

Originally posted by Buster View Post
      I believe the club made a mistake making all the roadruns and a swap meet in the same month. I try to go to several roadruns a year and it would be impossible for me to do it with all in same month.
      I thought same and asked a Director. I was assured its not a mistake and there were a strange sequence of events that led up to it.
      Jason Zerbini
      Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
      Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Labor Day weekend is the Davenport meet - and while not an AMCA meet anymore - it is still heavily attended by AMCA members and specifically by a lot of chapter members from IL, WI, MN, MO, IA, and MI. These are the same folks most likely to attend the Driftless Road run starting 5 days after Davenport.

The end result is that to do Davenport and the Driftless run, unless you're retired you're looking at taking two weeks off or doing a lot of back and forth driving. If you want to do more than one road run . . .you need to take more or less all of September off.

In Wisconsin there is also the annual Tomahawk Rally in the middle of September -- which draws 30-40K riders and is quite popular with MN, WI, and IL riders.

Not to mention it is back to school time and/or crunch time in the outdoor construction industry.

I suspect the runs will still sell out or come close to it -- but that the demographic will trend older than usual.

It will be interesting to see what the final results come out as next October.

Comment

This was a huge disappointment for me. I am a teacher with all summer off, and also it is impossible for me to miss work in September. Terrible planning if you ask me.

Comment

I have often wondered why the board schedules the national road runs in such a haphazard way.
            There are a lot of people that like to travel & hit as many as possible. It would seem to me that making them in some sort of geographical order would make a lot more sense, rather than having to go back & forth across the country to ride them, or missing some due to overlapping dates.
            And for those of us who also ride in the cannonball & cross country chase events we have to miss out on all of them next year.

Comment

So, one of the things we all need to do is make sure the National understands the frustration of some members over this decision.

Posting it on this forum is akin to tossing a note in a bottle and hoping someone finds it. The site just isn't a major part of the AMCA day-to-day and you're much more likely to get some attention by bringing this up via a chapter meeting.

In the meantime; if you feel strongly about this; please write emails to the national directors and if you're part of a chapter, to your chapter executive committee.

Without OUR feedback OUR club can't really be responsive to OUR needs/desires as members.

Comment

Many of the members I know and have enjoyed being with on National Road Runs over the years have complained about this overly crowded schedule since it was first announced. Aside from commenting here, I expressed my views to Pres. Ross this summer when we were discussing our frustrations about not being able to drive across the US - Canada border to get to Billings, MT for the Road Run there.
                The most crowded schedule dates involve the Music City's and Evergreen Chapter's (of which I am a member) Road Runs with only 2 travel days in between! This definitely makes it difficult to go to both and rules out getting to ours early, as many like to do. As I said to Ross, I can't see how anyone could be in favor of this schedule and sure hope it never happens like this again.

Comment

Working...
                X