Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Servi Car steel wheels and tires

Hi Folks:

I was contacted by a guest that offered some steel wheels and tires. Here is the message and photos are offered below. He offered the name Dave and a phone number saying he is in Colorado. It came to me by email under the name Chris McCuen (acerose10514@comcast.net).
    Hello there, Dave here, a while back on your forum I saw that one of your members wanted rear steel wheels. I have set w/tires although the tires are old, but they hold air. Check out the pics and if anyone is interested please contact me at 303/450/6265, I am in Colo. Thanks.

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3113.JPG

Mike Love

I never knew what they looked like, thanks Mike!

But I've got a taper'd-shaft hub if anybody needs it.

....Cotten
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Ford/Chrysler/Volvo 4-1/2" bolt circle
      The Linkert Book

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
        Ford/Chrysler/Volvo 4-1/2" bolt circle
        Yes, but 16" and a very narrow width, so no standard automotive rims work.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

True, and big mistake to run large low profile tires. In addition to the added rolling resistance (contact patch is much larger), they hydroplane over a drop of water, catch the bumper of the car next to you (extra width), and the much greater inertia (flywheel effect) murders 1st gear acceleration.
          The Linkert Book

Comment

Originally posted by kitabel View Post
            True, and big mistake to run large low profile tires. In addition to the added rolling resistance (contact patch is much larger), they hydroplane over a drop of water, catch the bumper of the car next to you (extra width), and the much greater inertia (flywheel effect) murders 1st gear acceleration.
            And are hard on the small wheel bearings and axels.

Comment

I wonder if the mini-spare wheels are close enough for daily drivers? They are often 16" and narrow.
              AMCA #41287
              1971 Sprint SS350 project
              1982 FXR - AMCA 98.5 point restoration
              1979 FXS 1200 never done playing
              1998 Dyna Convertible - 100% Original
              96" Evo Softail self built chopper
              2012 103" Road King "per diem"
              plus 13 other bikes over the years...

Comment

Originally posted by joe fxs fxr View Post
                I wonder if the mini-spare wheels are close enough for daily drivers? They are often 16" and narrow.
                yes, I use 16" space saver spare tire rims from 90's jeep cherokees on my 53 servicar.

Comment

Why bother
                  Last edited by kitabel; 11-15-2021, 06:35 PM.
                  The Linkert Book

Comment

Looked around for mini spares and found none that have the o.d of 26 in. Don't try to mount car tires on servi wheels. Beads are not the same as cycle tires.

Comment

How would a different diameter sidecar wheel/tire change RPM ? That wheel is just along for the ride so wouldn't it just travel a little faster or slower ? Please explain this as I have no idea. Thanks, Smitty

Comment

Not a side car
                        The Linkert Book

Comment

Originally posted by HDSmitty View Post
                          How would a different diameter sidecar wheel/tire change RPM ? That wheel is just along for the ride so wouldn't it just travel a little faster or slower ? Please explain this as I have no idea. Thanks, Smitty
                          Not travel speed, Smitty!

Unless it becomes separated from the machine.

uh oh 1.jpg

But it can have its own RPM, which can approach zero when in the air.

tirechng.jpg

....Cotten
                          PS: And even when wheel diameters are the same, a right-hand sidecar wheel will always rotate slightly faster on left-hand turns, and vice versa.
                          Last edited by T. Cotten; 11-15-2021, 12:26 PM.
                          AMCA #776
                          Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I understand all that Tom, but my point is why would someone even care what the wheel RPM is as it cannot affect the performance of the machine I believe.

Comment

This discussion is about sidecar wheel/tire combinations...correct?

Comment

Working...
                              X