Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chesapeake Chapter - AMCA Meet October 1, and October 2, 2021

We went to the Chesapeake Chapter Meet, I'll just give our review:

1. The Chesapeake Chapter members were really gracious; and offered any help they could. Thank you, Guys and Gals

2. The vending field was laid out to perfection

3. The facilities were probably the best of any place we go

4. Sadly, the spectator, buyer's crowd was a little sparse. Maybe people are still staying home due to Covid.

5. Let's hope that in the future, the public will discover this really nice meet.

Yep, Upperco is an excellent venue location and layout for a meet. We had a good time. 2 years in a row beautiful weather! I too was thinking/hoping there would be more shoppers being the second year. We did not stay for Saturday judging so not sure what number of bikes they had for that. I suppose its attended as well as Jefferson was. Upperco is spread out over a larger area so number of people can be deceiving.
    Many thanks to the Chesapeake members who organized and worked the event
    Jason Zerbini
    Near Pittsburgh PA (Farm Country)
    Allegheny Mountain Chapter http://amcaamc.com/

Comment

Great location and the host chapter does a wonderful job. They are competing with The Race of Gentlemen (TROG) that weekend. They also have Thur, Fri vending. Friday night bike show and beach racing Sat and Sun. The beauty of the meet has been the dates, between Carlisle and Hershey. The dates now conflicting with TROG may hurt the meet.

Comment

Second year and was much bigger with vendors than last year. Upperco is a great location and I would have stayed over Friday night but another commitment was on my calendar.
        Having live music this year was also an added plus!
        Keep up the great work Chesapeake Chapter!
        Craig (Delaware)
        Delaware Bay Chapter
        Perkiomen Chapter
        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Chesapeake Chapter did a great job !!

Actually fall Carlisle was going on at the same time so that may have hurt the buyers traffic. I went friday and saw some old friends and had a great time the event was laid out really well and we will look forward to going each year!

I was able to find two items.And got to meet some officers from AMCA National ! And as mentioned could not have been better weather.

May want to avoid TROG and Fall Carlisle for next year -maybe the last full weekend in September ?

"you gonna sit there and argue ......or FISH " Claude Leadbetter

Comment

TROG was packed this year, I am sure many of those people would have gone to Chesapeake if there was not a conflict. As I am one of these people, yes a different date would help. Maybe next year we can do both, glad to hear it was a good event regardless.

Who has the pictures!!!!?????

Comment

Upperco this year was absolutely great. Weather was perfect, vendor locations were laid out well, clean facilities, everyone was friendly. I came home with a bag of treasures for my projects. The live band was a definite hit! Nice touch.

Many thanks to the Chesapeake Chapter for a really well run event. It takes a lot of hard work and the results were terrific! I went to Fall Carlisle the day before, and Upperco was only just a little over an hour away. I'll be back next year.

Comment

Working...
              X