Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone near Chicago?

24234 facebook.jpg2423 facebook.jpg2475 facebook.jpg Background:
    I am not a facebook guy but I do look on facebook market place for parts. Then I trouble my wife (who has an account) to contact person.
    Found this but out of my range.

Elmhurst IL the following listed as 1941 Indian Scout $15000.00

"Seller's Description

Bike is in overall decent shape and still has most of its original parts intact. This was found in a garage in Southern California. Roller is pretty complete with some of the original wiring intact. Neck seems like it's missing the bearings as the stem is loose. Tanks do not have any rust holes etc. Dash is complete with speedometer, key switch and ammeter. The previous owner was in the process of tearing the engine down for rebuild, but unfortunately some parts are missing. Case looks to be in good shape with no cracks or weld repairs that I can see. Main parts missing are the crank, rods, pistons, oil pan, one head, exhaust and other various small parts. I only have the parts seen in pictures. This is an awesome project and pretty rare. Bike will come with a clear title"

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...e_search&refer ral_story_type=post

I live in the Chicago area, so this caught my attention. Unfortunately, its a scam. This '41 Four was sold on eBay on June 27 for $33k. Same photos, same description.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/265202717207

Too bad, I'd love to own a Four.

dkgoz
    Dave Goesling

Comment

Thank you Dk! As the saying goes: "If it's too good to be be true . . . "

Comment

"I live in the Chicago area"

DK!
        Here's another Facebook post; if I wasn't deep into my own 741 project this looks like a nice bike; and if truly a Sam Pierce a bit of history:

"Hennepin IL

Seller's Description
        FOR SALE: Sam Pierce built 1940 Indian Sport Scout. Starts and runs good. $12000 obo. Located in North Central Illinois."

am Pierce built 1940 Indian A.jpg

am Pierce built 1940 Indian B.jpg

Pierce Indian C.jpg

Comment

The best way I've found to smoke out these scammers is to ask when you can stop by take a look. That's when it starts raining endless excuses about they are unable to let you or your representative see the bike. There is no shortage of a-holes in the world.

Comment

Hennepin is ten minutes north of me. Folks!

I am happy to help anybody anyway I can,...

(But I don't do no FB....)

....Cotten
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 09-20-2021, 02:31 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

I always ask for a specific picture. Holding a tape measure across an odd area or pointing to something with a pen. An honest seller will understand.

Comment

Looks like a lot of fun, Roger!

https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...40-sport-scout

.....Cotten
                AMCA #776
                Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

It is fun Tom! It’s a little hot rod-I don’t know what all Pierce used in the engine but it’s got a Chief carburetor (M342) and runs strong.

Comment

Working...
                  X