Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thoughts on bartering crypto currencies, international markets...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on bartering crypto currencies, international markets...

I've been toying with the idea of bartering one or more of my bikes. Wondering if trading a bike for Crypto Currencies, either domestically or possibly through an International marketplace is a viable alternative to cash or US dollars.
    Is my thinking too far outside the box ? I'm looking for some comments or ideas from the readership here. pro's, con's, advantages, pitfalls...

C2K

C2K, from the little that I know about cryptocurrency I think it's designed to A) be an investment, hopefully appreciating in value but like all investments it can also depreciate and be worth less, B) is designed so that you can use cryptocurrency to make other purchases but liquidity (turning into cash) while possible will also cost you in fees paid to a middleman or broker, AND C) gains in the value of the cryptocurrency could be subject to capital gains tax like other investments are.

I don't think I'll ever be using cryptocurrency myself, your mileage may vary!
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Well, C2K,...

My father for all his faults did utter wisdom when I listened.

As a gambler, he said: "Never play someone else's game."

And "barter" doesn't seem to mean what it used to..

....Cotten
      AMCA #776
      Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

It's only valuable if everyone else thinks so. Since Bitcoin etc. has no inherent value (there is no accounts receivable, inventory, real estate, machinery, patents, pension fund), if they stop believing, your money is gone.
        The correct term is "Ponzi"
        The Linkert Book

Comment

Just the term "Crypto" is suspect....
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
          X