Need help identifying inline or offset springer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help identifying inline or offset springer

I have found a 36-48 big twin springer in my grandfathers garage. He passed and we are now cleaning up the house. I need help identifying this springer if it's offset or inline. I don't have the top tree and the springer is not on a bike. How can I tell if it's inline or offset? I took a picture of it laying down with a straight edge along the center stem. I think its an inline but not 100%. Let me know what it is
    Attached Files

Look at it from above, if the stem and lag tops are in a straight line it is inline, if the stem is offset from the two other holes it is offset. Put your straightedge perpendicular to the stem at the top where that primer is. Very easy to see the offset. The picture appears to be of an inline. It also appears to be a reproduction.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      Look at it from above, if the stem and lag tops are in a straight line it is inline, if the stem is offset from the two other holes it is offset. Put your straightedge perpendicular to the stem at the top where that primer is. Very easy to see the offset. The picture appears to be of an inline. It also appears to be a reproduction.
      Yeah I just found the w&w sticker so it's deff an aftermarket. This is the pic from above I never had a springer front end before only glides so I'm a little iggnorant on what is what or what a primer is. I attached a photo from the top. Thanks for your help I think it is an inline if I'm understanding u correctly from what I see

Comment

Working...
      X