New member-magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member-magazine

Hi,I've joined the club and received membership card.In FAQ's it states new members get card and magazine but I only have card.

Dave you recieve your mag. yet?

Comment

No Chuck,nothing yet,but thanks for asking.I was begining to think there was no one here but us chickens.

Comment

I just got the new mag on Friday..........I'm sure yours is on it's way. Welcome to the Club!!!

Comment

I don't want to get off on the wrong foot with anyone but this is where I'm at.As stated above I thought I would receive the current (summer) edition with my mem card.Membership started 08/07/06 which means I may end up with 3 issues in a year's membership.I posted on here hoping someone from club admin would pick up on it.
          The only means of direct contact I can find is a phone number(not toll free from UK) which gives a not very loud recorded message,read out very fast by a lady speaking in a regional accent I couldn't grasp.
          I think I will try again later and press an option number at random in the hope of making live contact.
          I promise that when I get started on my two projects (piles) my posts will be more cheerfull.

Dave.

Comment

Dave, below is what is listed on the web site for non-delivery of magazine, give Pat a try with your AMCA number. Good luck!

Non-delivery/damaged magazines, defective or incomplete magazines, contact Pat Williams
            at P.O. Box 5385, Kingwood, TX 77325. E-mail: pkwilliams@earthlink.net.

Louie

Comment

Limey_Dave..........Louie beat me to it,that should take care of it if you have not received the mag yet.

Also just a thought I think the member card comes seperate from the mag.

Hang in there

Comment

Louie & Chuck

Thanks for the surport.I tried the phone number again,no joy.Maybe I should have worn ear plugs in that machine shop (too late now).

I have emailed Pat, will see what happens.Just a thought,mem started 8th July,US members may have read it as 7th August and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Dave.

Comment

One last though Dave, any body that has the money and time is in Davenport right now (I wish I was). I would give him until about next Tuesday to answer your email.

Louie

Comment

what do you ride?

Dave,
                    While ya wait till tuesday what type and model bike do you have?

Comment

Re: what do you ride?

Originally posted by Chuck#1848
                      Dave,
                      While ya wait till tuesday what type and model bike do you have?
                      43WLC Barn find

31VL Parts bike project

Comment

I have a 30VL under construction.....project.... hope to have it road worthy in about 18 months needs a fair amount of work and is missing a few things also has a few things that don't belong to it. How complete is yours it?

I also have a 48 Simplex servicycle barn find I am the 2nd owner of came with a 49 license plate

Comment

Hey Limey.
                          Patience mate.
                          I'm in Australia, and the new magazine hasn't come here (to me) yet.
                          It's my experience that the membership card has always come seperate to the magazine.

Best wishes from Oz.

Ken.

Comment

Hi Chuck
                            Been looking up Simplex.Your's a Model H with kick start then?
                            There's a '46 in Hemmings for $4500.... mad or what? In the Harley mania I forgot my runner, a 52 Ariel 500 twin (30 inch?).

My VL is missing lights,dynamo,clutch,fenders,exhaust and left tank is shot.
                            I will rebuild dynamo off 45 and use that,45 will get a 12 volt so I can use it at night through the lanes (back roads),they have given up repairing them so you need to steer round the holes.

Comment

Dave,

Not sure of the model but it is a kick start I think it may be a 47 or 48 but not sure.

I have tried numerous times the last few years to contact people about it on the simplex web site but to date I have received no responce.

The Simplex with came with the optional luggage rack and saddle bags and in one of the bags was a spare set of new belts for it.

The aluminum starter cover is shot and needs a set of rims.

Although the motor turns over freely I don't think it has ran since 49 or 50.

It is on my to do list.............amongst other things

Comment

Working...
                              X