This website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This website

Trying to get some info on Harley VL batteries.So I go to forum-flathead-type in Harley VL battery ,no luck every link that has the word battery in in pops up.I always dread having to use this site!I know there is always going to be an issue whether it’s logging in or trying to get info.

It's not ideal, but if you go up to that search box and click the down arrow you will see "advanced search", once there you can type: VL + battery, then scroll down to the box "SOURCES" and choose the HD flatheads....that'll at least limit your results to postings in the HD flatheads section.
    Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

I have responded many times to this over the years on this and the CAIMAG ( shut down unortunatelu) site over the years. I use the Yuasa B-38-6A and leave them in the cardboard box with the top cut off. It helps space the battery in the battery box and insulate it from terminal contact with the metal. They were used got BMW's unil 75 and I have neverhad a problem finding them. I'm sure others have soething they prefer but I know this works as I have 3 VL's and been doing it for years.

Tom ( Rollo) Hardy
      AMCA #12766

Comment

I use the same one, Rollo, works great for several years now. I put a thin foam spacer between it and the battery box (sides,top,bottom) to fill it up and help isolate from vibration Good quality, reliable, and easy to find a replacement if needed. What more is necessary?........Smitty

Comment

Working...
        X