'Knuckle-Mania'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Knuckle-Mania'

Today, Saturday 5-1-2021 is the Auction for all the marbles, er' i mean all of the Late "J. C." Bud Burgin Knuckleheads. Entire collection(1936-47) starts at LOT S104...

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/las-v...n=LV21&utm_med

*M.A.D.*

***Always something fUnNy & sTaNgE at Mecum. e.g.(Two 1966 Motorcycles. Bottom is a 1966 Triumph Mountain Cub). ***(Bill West at Vintage Works handled the TT's correct restoration).
    fullsizeoutput_12b6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_12b5.jpeg
    Last edited by JoJo357; 05-01-2021, 06:38 AM.

**Final Knucklehead Tally. **All Purchased by same individual. **Mecum Las Vegas 5-1-2021

36-87K

37-70K

38-140K

39-98K

40-55K

41-120K

42-125K

43-200K

44-130K

45-100K

46-200K

47-175K

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Something is very wrong with those bids. Who was bidding such ridiculous prices against the one person who bought all those Knuckleheads? 200K for a 1946 Knucklehead! What if the guy who bought this bike stopped bidding at $190,000? Would the guy who bid $190,000 own this bike? It’s a shame that this type of bidding has so distorted the perceived market for Knuckleheads that it makes one wonder if auctions of this type can ever be believed as representative of the real market. I don’t think I am alone in this thinking. Hopefully these bikes will not be considered the new standard for AMCA judging Knuckleheads which they are clearly not.
      Richard Spagnolli
      AMCA #6153

Comment

Yes there was a Mecum auction surprise in Vegas! I was sitting near the one bidder who tried to buy one of them from the whale that bought them all. He was the only one who seriously tried but in the end he had brains enough to stop and each time just laughed at the other guy as we all did with the drop of the hammer. I barely got a bid in on the 1947 Knuckle at the end and was quickly overtaken but the other two. Funny thing is the 1946 had more re pop parts than the others and it went for tied of the most money! Best buy was the 1936. IMHO..............

I am actually glad he had the nerve to run the guy up and make this dumb a$$ pay. I don't think this will have any affect on the market as a whole as this was just a special collection and one time thing. It may with NADA, KBB or Hemmings to a degree but we know the real market.

I will say it was fun watching two multi millionaire's get into a pissing match!
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo357 View Post
          Today, Saturday 5-1-2021 is the Auction for all the marbles, er' i mean all of the Late "J. C." Bud Burgin Knuckleheads. Entire collection(1936-47) starts at LOT S104...

https://www.mecum.com/auctions/las-v...n=LV21&utm_med

*M.A.D.*

***Always something fUnNy & sTaNgE at Mecum. e.g.(Two 1966 Motorcycles. Bottom is a 1966 Triumph Mountain Cub). ***(Bill West at Vintage Works handled the TT's correct restoration).
          fullsizeoutput_12b6.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_12b5.jpeg
          I was going to buy the TT but decided to save my money for one of the Burgin bikes, in the end I went home with nothing! What a cluster......
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
          X