Antique registration in Pennsylvania

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Antique Tag

Sorry to hear of your troubles, Charlie. Not sure what part of PA you live in but I can tell you what you already know in that the PA DMV hasn't a clue.
    I recently registered a newly acquired 77 Low Rider in PA. I bought the bike to restore it. The only things on the bike that were original were the Low Rider name tag on the triple tree, the engine and the frame. Fenders, handlebars, lights - nothing else on the bike was correct.
    I went to the local storefront in my town that middleman tags and gave them the four pictures of the bike and my check and they sent them off to the state. Three weeks later I got my tag.
    Not sure if you went through a local shop or direct to the DMV to apply. If you did the DMV route, you may have more luck going to a private licensing dealer like I did. It appears that they didn't recognize that most of my 77 wasn't original.
    Good luck.

Comment

Update.
      Bike is...ahem....fixed.
      It worked.
      Got my antique tag.

Comment

Glad to hear the good news ! Should have been a done deal on day one though. Paps

Comment

Antique Tag

Glad to hear the folks at the PA DMV came to their senses, Charlie. I guess late is better than never.
          Wilbur is a great looking machine!

Comment

They didn't come to their senses!
            They just liked the new pictures.

Comment

antique plates

Charlie
              haven't you ever heard of photo shop, just touch up the pictures and resubmit
              Kevin

Comment

Congradulations!!!

I gotta agree with Paps.....should have been a done deal the first time around.
                Nice looking Pan

Comment

Re: antique plates

Originally posted by kval
                  Charlie
                  haven't you ever heard of photo shop, just touch up the pictures and resubmit
                  Kevin
                  Look at the 2 photos.

Comment

Hah!

A little electronic scrubbing of the bags was all it took? Way to go, Charlie!

Comment

My buddy with Photoshop even took the blue tarp out of the left side.
                      Pretty cool stuff.
                      That antique plate felt like I'd scored a mint '47 speedo...
                      I can't believe all the crap I went through to get it!

Comment

That photo is so obviously doctored by Photoshop!

I can't believe that DMV people are that DUMB.

On second thought, maybe that's part of their job description.

Glad you had success at last!

Comment

Hey...they also would have approved it if I bolted a bunch of Chinese aftermarket parts to it ,painted it metalflake purple and took the brake shoes out.
                          I was real tempted to send them a picture of my shiny '48 UL and say it was a '64FLH. I'm pretty sure they would have approved that, too.
                          I could use the approval as evidence that they don't know what the hell they're doing, when I start my phone and letter campaign to get these rules straightened out.

Comment

TAKE A PIC OF A RESTORED BIKE SAME COLOR THEY WILL NEVER KNOW BELIVE ME IT WORKS

Comment

Working...
                            X