Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much vintage 36-80 harleys are in japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panhead_Bobber_11C View Post
    ... now you have to really dig and find.
    Exactly, Panhead_Bobber!

I have most of a Crocker steering damper clawed from a local livestock barn floor if anybody needs one.

(There's initials stamped into it, though.)

....Cotten

Crocker dampener 2.JPG
    PS: Raw-finished piece on right is a modern Breeding production..
    Last edited by T. Cotten; 04-20-2021, 04:46 PM.
    AMCA #776
    Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by Panhead_Bobber_11C View Post

well said my goal over there when I was stationed there was to go find a knucklehead and bring it back home. I went to vintage bike meets and masas cheap thrills who has the biggest knucklehead collection in japan he has about 40 original knuckleheads. I talked to him and asked him where I could look. He said that the americans think japan is loaded with vintage harleys he says maybe about 20-30% is in Japan. And probably another 10 or 20 in europe. Alot of knuckleheads and pans over here are the same thing rich private owners own alot of the old iron. Same in japan and Germany. My guess is we got probably 50% of the 100 still here in the states. So all the old iron is scattered throughout the world. Back then you used to be able to find bikes and parts everywhere in the U.S now you have to really dig and find.
      Good stories. It appears that the moral, if there is one, may be that one should start collecting Shovelheads before it's to late. I've noticed their prices are creeping up already.

Comment

Working...
      X