europe tour 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• europe tour 2

flew into Heathrow monday,spent the night then to Warwick,please don't sound the second , the town is steeped with historical sites ,but more important the people of WARWICK were just unbelievably friendly, what a great time,but no bikes come wednesday,thanks to air canada booking them in on a narrow body instead of a wide body. air is MAUI TO VANCOUVER to TORONTO to HEATHROW, so a down to THE NATIONAL MOTORCYCLE MUSEM, holymoly boys and girls this a must for anybody even slightly intrested in "Motorbikes". this was the placed that burned a few years ago,a world wide tragety(sp) the place is amazing, 6 hours & the only reason we left was just overload, back to Warwick,the area around is called the Midlands, doesnt get an over abundance of ugly American tourist & just go out of their way to help & show ALOHA, wellstillno bikes except for friend ALEX who showed up from JERSEY, in the chanel islands,between France &England, who has a !yr old Triumph Bonny,which he kindly letme ride as we drove thru the country lanes,towns,&flocks of sheep.Stillno bikes the cherry harvest seems to be priority, maybe monday...more to come later, if any intrest and canfind another computor...tally ho gray

Glad to hear you're having a good time in Jolly Olde. I had the same kind of problem a number of years ago, set my bike up to fly from Seattle to Amsterdam, then got on a plane myself. When I landed, no bike. Same thing the next day, and the next. A week later it met me in Berlin. I was happy to have it but unhappy at the freight forwarder, especially when it took 4 weeks for it to get home. Hope you have a better experience, starting NOW. ;-)

Comment

darrylri, could/would you let me know some info on getting a MC to europe by air,thanks if an e--mail is better use this one..... inline4nut@hotmail.com thanks

Comment

will get with you later ... off to WALES for breakfast gray

Comment

tallyho boys, iust returnedfrom a 12hr tour, on above mentioned Triumph, from cental england to the coast of wales & back,all on the smallest roads avalible. 250 miles,2meal and 4 pubs. The country roads are full ofall kinds of "motorsports" new and vintage all summar, was passed by a Morgan on our trip. the Welsh are all proud of how their road camber is supurb for motorcycles. Got word that the bike have landed and can be picked up tomorrow @ 10am, we head from Droitwich to Jersey island from their,to a "heros welcome"so i am told or was it a gauntlet line....havent seen as many vintage bikes on the road as i hoped, the reason is saftey inspections, alot strickter than USA, Just a small bit of rust and such and its off the road by law,, Must be in barns somewhere,,, oh petrol is @ $8 to $10 a gallon here,so there are a lot of bikes on the road. Aint life GRAND gray

Comment

Working...
          X