Mecums 2021 vegas auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mecums 2021 vegas auction

Hey guys, anyone ever try to bid in person or online with this outfit? I tried signing up but it seems they want a minimum of 10K for a payment before you can bid, plus your online fee, plus a wire transfer fee, as well as a buyers fee? Seems kinda pricey just to watch an auction and maybe bid if prices dont go too crazy?

I never have bid at a Mecum auction but a buddy of mine is registered to bid on the Vincent Black Shadow. I'm sure the deposit is refundable if you don't win or buy any bikes.
    Craig (Delaware)
    Delaware Bay Chapter
    Perkiomen Chapter
    AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Thanks for the input. There is a pretty good vintage auction the end of this month through Kraft Auctions, to register for online bidding cost me a dollar. Couple nice knucks in the lot

Comment

Originally posted by craig (DE) View Post
        I never have bid at a Mecum auction but a buddy of mine is registered to bid on the Vincent Black Shadow. I'm sure the deposit is refundable if you don't win or buy any bikes.
        When I go I pay $100 for all the days and includes bidder tag and guest pass. Only fee is if you buy. On line I am not sure, likely any deposit is refundable , just the higher fee when you buy on line instead of in person. I don't know how I could buy on line as so much inspection is needed, unless you have eyes on the ground. I guess I could help out a member if needed, I always bring my paint thickness gauge, flash light and various books.
        #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Looks like the auction is still on and see many more good additions to the sale. I really can't wait to go and get out of town for some fun and maybe bring something home. Buy in person and 10% fee you are out the door! https://www.mecum.com/motorcycles/ Was at Bonham's a couple years ago. Never know who you will see. Wayne Carini talking to Dale Walksler.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by KNUCK; 04-09-2021, 07:00 PM.
          #7558 Take me on and you take on the whole trailer park!

Comment

Working...
          X