Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chrome platers

Greetings
    does anyone have any suggestions on a good chrome plater? I live in Louisiana so I would like to keep it to the south, south west, southest area. the parts will need some repair as well, small dents and pitting. they are mostly small peices, headlight rims, etc. Im not sure if this is the place to put this, so if it needs to be moved.
    Thanks
    Max

My choice the past several bikes has been precision plating in Quincy Illinois. They specialize in repair of high end antique auto parts and restored several items I thought were truly dead and gone.

You can see before and after examples of their work on my 64 sportster build in the members build section.

Turn around is typically 10 weeks and the prices very fair.

ups ships everywhere.

Comment

AIH Chrome in Dubuque, Iowa did great work for me.

Comment

I've used St. Louis Plating since 1973. They are a Harley and other motorcycle plater. That is their specialty. I have 48 year old chrome on my bike that is still beautiful. They do mail order and have a website.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Thank you all for the suggestions. I was able to speak with someone at AIH this morning and plan on sending him my parts today. I spoke to a friend outside Chicago, who had his car bumpers there, he also spoke very highly of them. If it was an easyier to find part I wouldnt be so concerened, the headlight bezels are for a John Brown headlight, and they are very hard to find.
          Thanks
          Max
          Last edited by maxglass; 01-12-2021, 10:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maxglass View Post
            ... the headlight bezels are for a John Brown headlight, and they are very hard to find...
            And hard to repair as well, Max!

bzlsteps.jpg

But sometimes, you gotta try...

...Cotten

AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Working...
            X