Old AMCA Membership Rosters Needed for Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old AMCA Membership Rosters Needed for Archives

As you will read in the January/February issue of The Antique Motorcycle, will see a couple of articles devoted to the recognition of our members who have been active with the AMCA for 50-Years or more. I have encouraged members who have the wrong "Join Date" associated with their profile, to help us correct that. The incorrect dates are due to the fact the club did not keep up with joined dates until the database was computerized in 1983. So many join dates still say 1983. To do this, we rely on our membership rosters to verify these dates.

Through our wonderful club archives that have been faithfully preserved by first George Yarocki and then Bruce Linsday are only missing a few membership rosters. First, I want to verify if these missing years even exist. Roster eventually were only printed every other year, but in the beginning were each year. Below I will list Rosters that we are in need of but keep in mind, they may have never existed. Please help me fill in the blanks.

Missing Rosters
    1955, 1956, 1957, 1958, 1959
    1961, 1962
    1970, 1972, 1973, 1974, 1976, 1977, 1979
    1981, 1983, 1984, 1989
    1995, 1996

Do you have one or more of these? We would love to have a copy for archive purposes, but more important for now, we just need to verify which ones ever existed.

Thanks,

Keith Kizer
    Kizer@AntiqueMotorcycle.org

Keith,
    Just a note that at least into the early 1960's there was occasionally a page of new members in the newsletters in addition to the Rosters.
    Al Johnson

Comment

By "Join date" do you mean joined the forum or joined AMCA? Obviously not the same.
      Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

I don't think there was ever a '95 or '96. I have the '94 and '97 which blows the two year idea. If they would have been offered I would have them.
        Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
          By "Join date" do you mean joined the forum or joined AMCA? Obviously not the same.
          Sorry, Join Date of the AMCA.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
            I don't think there was ever a '95 or '96. I have the '94 and '97 which blows the two year idea. If they would have been offered I would have them.
            Thanks for the reply. There never has been a rhyme or reason as to the frequency of the rosters. That is exactly why I'm reaching out to members to help me fill in the blanks. Thanks for the information. - Keith

Comment

Originally posted by AFJ View Post
              Keith,
              Just a note that at least into the early 1960's there was occasionally a page of new members in the newsletters in addition to the Rosters.
              Al Johnson
              Thanks Al. That prompted me to go back through the old newsletters and copy those additions. - Keith

Comment

Working...
              X