Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Todays Posts?

Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this or this has been asked before (I did have a look but couldn't find it).

I have recently returned to this forum after a little while away and in the interim it has changed format. My question is, when I view the forum logged out there is a link at the top showing today's posts. When I am logged in " today's posts" has gone and is replaced by "New Topics". I have had to log out to view today's posts which is not ideal.

Is there a way to view today's posts without logging out?

Thanks,

John

Just look at "new topics" as the subject matter is all new posts, no need to log out.
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the reply Rubone.

I had investigated that link but it is distinctly different. For example, I took the next two screenshots a few seconds apart so for all practical purposes they show the two different filters.

1. New Topics (Logged in)

New Topics.jpg

2. Todays Posts (Logged Out)

Todays Posts.jpg

As you can see, they are different. Shaky Jake's Indian thread or Steve Swans "Frank" bike would (it seems to me at least) never show up in "New Topics" even if there were dozens of posts on them in the last 24 hours, because they are old topics. Unless of course I am doing something wrong?

I know I could use the "advanced search" tool to look for posts on the last 24 hours but I was just wondering if there was a link that I am missing?

Thanks,

John

Comment

As you can see, they are different. Shaky Jake's Indian thread or Steve Swans "Frank" bike would (it seems to me at least) never show up in "New Topics" even if there were dozens of posts on them in the last 24 hours, because they are old topics. Unless of course I am doing something wrong?

I know I could use the "advanced search" tool to look for posts on the last 24 hours but I was just wondering if there was a link that I am missing?

Thanks,

John

************************************************** ************************************************** ****************
        You're correct John, but unlike You, i had the same issue but never posted. What i do is remove the 'Save Password' option in the Log In, and then the 'Today's Posts shows up every time i visit the Forum. If pictures are posted, most don't show until You log in. But i go through w/o logging, and if i want to see pictures i just log in and use my history and revisit the posts. Sounds complicated, but it isn't after a few times doing it.
        The old web page was a bear to log in, but now it's a Piece of cake. Try it!

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Maddening
          Frustrating
          Confusing
          Hard to follow
          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Originally posted by frichie68 View Post
            Maddening
            Frustrating
            Confusing
            Hard to follow
            You may be a Luddite, too, Frichie68!

Everyone knows that progress is always two steps backwards.

In this case maybe a dozen.

...Cotten
            PS: Is it just me, or has forum participation tanked?
            Last edited by T. Cotten; 12-29-2020, 02:58 PM.
            AMCA #776
            Dumpster Diver's Motto: Seek,... and Ye Shall Find!

Comment

Originally posted by TechNoir View Post
              While logged in, one can always hit the "latest activity" tab, and that shows you new topics only, but if you look right and go to where the word "filters" is hiding you can open that up, select "new topics" "off" then you'll see new posts. Don't like it, but it works.
              filters.jpeg

Pisten Bully is Harry Roberts in Vermont.

Comment

Originally posted by T. Cotten View Post
                You may be a Luddite, too, Frichie68!

Everyone knows that progress is always two steps backwards.

In this case maybe a dozen.

...Cotten
                PS: Is it just me, or has forum participation tanked?
                Tom, imho, participation has decreased. i know for a fact various people who have shared their builds, been active participants on this forum, etc, are active on other different internet mediums because i have seen, in some cases prolific activity.
                Steve Swan

27JD 11090 Restored
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClUPIOo7-o8
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtuptEAlU30

27JD 13514 aka "Frank"
                https://forum.antiquemotorcycle.org/...n-Project-SWAN
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNRB...nnel=steveswan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSDeuTqD9Ks
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwlIsZKmsTY

Comment

Interesting that I am not the only one to notice this. I was really just wondering if I was missing a link somewhere but obviously not.

I have not been on here much for most of this year and I would also say that traffic seems to be less. I had thought it might be a bit more given that CAIMAG has gone and quite a few people used to post on both forums.

I also agree with Steve that I have seen one or two familiar names posting regularly on other online platforms.

John

Comment

I do appreciate that people are trying to make it work. Many of us are getting up in years & computer savvy is not instantaneous.
                    Or easy...

Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Greetings
                      Although I have only participated in the forums in the past few months, I have read or at least tried to read them for the last several years. hopefulyy im not being rude ( I guess I can live with that), but I have not been able to figure out why the club has so many members, with so much knowledge, but people would out post it on the CAIMAG site 10 to 1. first thought, the intimidation factor: the folks on here can be somewhat intimidating, but many of the people on here post to a lot of other sites, that have a lot of other contribuitors outside the AMCA. There are a lot of questions that go unanswered: its possible its because of less contribuitors, or as others have said the older members have less likelyhood of computer skills. Im almost 70 and have no problems with computers, if I can figure out how to work on a 90 year old motorcycle, computers should not be a barier. Compared to a lot of other sites traffic on this site has always seemed slow to me, that is one of the reasons why for the most part I have not posted much here in the past. I dont do facebook, to much drama, and not willing to have my business all over the place.

If I had to guess I would have to say it is because of what it takes to register on the forums. To register and contribuite on the AMCA forum you have to belong to the AMCA club, that requires you to pay $40. to $55.00 dollars a year for the privelege to post. That might seem like a lot, but It may be enough to keep some people away (ya I know old motorcycles are expensive, so what). Facebook groups and a lot of the other groups are free, thats an attraction, especially for the casual user or surfer. I personally dont understand why you should have to be a member to be able to joint the forums or post. Theres no secrets here and you cant get at the other things that membership brings. Having the forums free might actually bring in new, younger members, or older members for that matter. I didnt really want to bring this up and glad that others have mentioned it, thanks. Sorry for any spelling mistakes, I just had catarac surgey and things are still a little out of focus, and spellcheck still doesnt work.

Max
                      (Bob)

Comment

Originally posted by TechNoir View Post
                        Hi Folks,

Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this or this has been asked before (I did have a look but couldn't find it).

I have recently returned to this forum after a little while away and in the interim it has changed format. My question is, when I view the forum logged out there is a link at the top showing today's posts. When I am logged in " today's posts" has gone and is replaced by "New Topics". I have had to log out to view today's posts which is not ideal.

Is there a way to view today's posts without logging out?

Thanks,

John
                        I dont know if it helps,I have chromebook and I bookmarked the page of new posts and dont logout so when I click the bm I go to that page.
                        Then say open vintage pic of the day thread ,scroll to bottom,click the last page then start at top of last page to scroll down to last pic.posted
                        I think the whole forum layout is poorly done.
                        Almost 1/3 of page for amca header,whole line for search duplicate bar.
                        My search results in.00053 seconds(thats usefull)
                        The page button on the bottom should be top if no last button is an option.
                        Subscribe +,what is that and it needs a whole line?
                        Just some user feedback,I dont contribute enough to complain.
                        Tom

Comment

CAIMAG was easy to follow, great photos but posting photos was difficult (for me) unless you had a separate photo account. Very helpful with questions.

Facebook is very active, super easy to post photos. Non-members allowed which is good & bad . . . Nobody scrolls back to see previous comments so good answers are followed by good & bad answers for days... Often goes political, sometimes nasty, moderators have their work cut out for them.

Each website has its problems, each one is different-some more user-friendly than others.
                          Rich Inmate #7084

Comment

Working...
                          X