Duo-Glide Electra-Glide Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duo-Glide Electra-Glide Manual

The part # on my manual is 99482-69. In the product section, it shows different years of the models. Under the '65-'67 heading, the bike is obviously a '65, so obvious things like paint schemes, tank badges are not displayed for '66 and '67. Under the '68 and '69 heading, the bike shown appears to be a '69, due to the paint scheme, the tank badges, and the front brake position. Was the front brake position changed in '69, or does that also apply to '68 models? How about the tires? Was '69 the first year for thin double stripe white walls? Enquiring minds want to know!!!!

What year are you trying to figure out? I have lots of Literature from those years.... 1968 factory price list.jpg1969 Electra-Glide.jpg1966 model announcement.jpg1967 Electra Glide 3.jpg
    Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Originally posted by Rubone View Post
      What year are you trying to figure out? I have lots of Literature from those years.... 1968 factory price list.jpg1969 Electra-Glide.jpg1966 model announcement.jpg1967 Electra Glide 3.jpg
      The pic of the blue '68 answers my questions. Now I'm wondering about the bag guards. I thought '68 changed to the style that clamped onto the rear safety bar, like the ones shown on the '69. Does your literature say anything about the stripe on the tank for '68? I have paint scheme literature for '68 ( not factory) that says the stripe was 3M tape.

Comment

Omar, I believe the blue bike is a '67. Still has a kick starter (last year of the kick starter), and no stripe below the panel. Not sure if the stripes were tape or paint from the factory but the striping tape was available as a Harley part: 61795-68. I have a roll. I have a feeling the stripes from the factory were painted on using a pattern along with the panel.. And the bag guards are also '67.
        Dave

Comment

As Dave says that blue one is a '67. If you would be specific as to the year I can provide more info. And that '68 price list gives all the components of any factory packages and factory installed accessories. So again, what year are you asking about??
          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

As Dave says that blue one is a '67. If you would be specific as to the year I can provide more info. And that '68 price list gives all the components of any factory packages and factory installed accessories. So again, what year are you asking about??
            I'm re-restoring my '68 big twin. The first time I put it together (1986), I thought chrome was a good thing. I'll be paying for that mistake this time around!

Comment

Originally posted by Omarttentmaker View Post

I'm re-restoring my '68 big twin. The first time I put it together (1986), I thought chrome was a good thing. I'll be paying for that mistake this time around!
              Here is some factory info for you. The sales list is the best as it shows what was actually part of the equipment groups. look at the page number for the proper sequence. 1968 Big twins 2.jpg1968 Big twins.jpg1968 Big twins 3.jpg
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

And the sales brochure.. 1968 FL brochure 2.jpg1968 FL brochure 3.jpg1968 FL brochure 4.jpg1968 FL brochure.jpg
                Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Thanks for the info , Rubone. Interesting that the bags came in white or black. Always thought they were just birch white. Another point of interest. I have a pic of the chick putting the helmet on the guy, but the bike in the pic is sparking blue!

Comment

Originally posted by ammorest View Post
                    Omar, I believe the blue bike is a '67. Still has a kick starter (last year of the kick starter), and no stripe below the panel. Not sure if the stripes were tape or paint from the factory but the striping tape was available as a Harley part: 61795-68. I have a roll. I have a feeling the stripes from the factory were painted on using a pattern along with the panel.. And the bag guards are also '67.
                    Dave
                    I've seen 2 OP where the stripes were painted on. An acquaintance in the Bear Mountain chapter has one, and he says it feels as though the flat black panel on the tank is a stick-on. I kinda doubt that, though, because it couldn't be applied after the tank badge strip was attached.

Comment

This is an OP 3-1/2 gallon '68 tank. The white stripes are tape. DCP_2998.JPGDCP_2999.JPG
                      Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

This is an OP 3-1/2 gallon '68 tank. The white stripes are tape. DCP_2998.JPGDCP_2999.JPG
                        Wow, and the scheme is different. 2 stripes over the black panel instead of 1 at the top and bottom. I wonder if that's because it's 3.5 gallons instead of 5?

Comment

From examples I've seen all the 3-1/2s were different schemes from '65-'69.
                          Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
                          X