X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• December 7.

*M.A.D.*
    47684203_1195664967254757_2784062268726312960_n.jpg

Great post, JoJo. The American concept is forever under attack from outside, and within. Remarkable that we are still standing. A true testament to the brilliance of our constitution, it's creators and the importance of preserving it's fundamental principles of individual liberty for it's American citizens. We know that first hand because we ride motorcycles. . . . I know it personally because this is my wedding anniversary
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
      Great post, JoJo. The American concept is forever under attack from outside, and within. Remarkable that we are still standing. A true testament to the brilliance of our constitution, it's creators and the importance of preserving it's fundamental principles of individual liberty for it's American citizens. We know that first hand because we ride motorcycles. . . . I know it personally because this is my wedding anniversary
      Happy anniversary Eric - and a sombre remembrance of one of the USA's largest suffered disasters. Our resilience is amazing and amazingly well planned. The process isn't always pretty but frequently the outcome is good.

Mike Love

Comment

I've had the honor of attending the Pearl Harbor Aviation Museum's annual gala a few times to commemorate the attack.

I was supposed to be there Saturday night (12/5) for the 75th Anniversary of WW2 and 79th of the attack. There's nothing quite like attending a gala in an actual hanger still showing damage from the attacks. My table mates have also been pretty interesting at those events :-)

However, a huge honor was flying over Pearl at high noon on December 7, 2016 in a 1941 WACO US Navy Trainer. It was surreal at best and something I'll never get to do twice.
        DSCI1939.JPG

Comment

Thank You All.
          Sometimes when i post these events that do not necessarily have anything remotely to do with the Motorcycle side, i wonder what comments will arise. But, all in all, You guys always seem to amaze me. Thanks again, remember, and keep the faith in regards to this Great Country.

*M.A.D.*

Comment

Took the liberty of showing a Cool 1941 Waco U.S. Navy Trainer Chuck.
            That is a cRaZy good shot You took from that Waco--Thank You for sharing that! Unfortunately, that's the view those Japanese Kamikaze pilots would have had before they made their attack runs.

*M.A.D.*Waco_UPF-7_NC30199_Lakeland_Florida_22.04.09R.jpg
            Last edited by JoJo357; 12-08-2020, 11:25 PM.

Comment

I can not stress enough how important it is to remember these days in our history! Without it we are not a country but just a bunch of people living on some land together. While folks try to rewrite history to serve their own distorted view of who we are and what we should be there are many of us who are proud of that fact and our history. Our history makes us who we are. We are not perfect and no country can claim that they are either but we have endured despite those who try to derail our ideals and beliefs. I am proud as hell to be a vintage /antique motorcycle rider and enthusiast and carry on the traditions, whose family has been involved in the formation and continuance of these ideals and the country. We came here at the earliest settlements (1619) and have fought and died for this country and the new generation of my family continues to do so proudly! We are not perfect but we are sure as hell a whole lot better than a lot of places and hope we continue to be that way! God Bless America and the American Dream!

Tom (Rollo) Hardy
              AMCA #12766

Comment

My Father rode a motorcycle at Pearl Harbor in 1941. He was an Shore Patrol officer at that time.

Comment

Working...
                X