sidecar wheel and spokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sidecar wheel and spokes

Does anyone have any info on spoke sizes and installation procedures for a sidehack wheel on a 1919 H-D? How about a supplier? I looked on Buchanan's site and didn't see anything pertinent in regard to this. It would seem as though one could true the wheel after installing the spokes by just installing it on the straight axle on the hack. Any info appreciated

I sent my 29M hub to Buchanans, told them what size rim i wanted and they made the spokes to suit. Also supplied the rim

Comment

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
      I sent my 29M hub to Buchanans, told them what size rim i wanted and they made the spokes to suit. Also supplied the rim
      Actually, I was hoping to tackle it myself. I'll get in touch with them and see if they can recommend s spoke size and length. Thanks for the tip!

Comment

They sent the parts back to me and i assembled and trued it.

Comment

Originally posted by aumick10 View Post
          They sent the parts back to me and i assembled and trued it.
          OK. I'll probably end up ding the same.

Comment

If they have the hub, you can be assured you have the correct spokes.

Comment

You can do it al over the phone with them. Have the rim and hub in front of you and a way to measure spoke and nipple hole diameter, rim diameter (at the base of the rim, not the tire lip) width of the hub flanges and diameter of the hub flanges at the center of the holes. From there they can determine correct spoke length. You will need to decide if you want stainless steel, bare steel, straight or swedged spokes.

Comment

I can help you out if you still need it... You can PM me at ricbolduc@outlook.com

Comment

Working...
                X