Place to stay in Davenport this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Place to stay in Davenport this year

Hello - I am planning to make my 1st trip to Davenport this Sep 2006. Can anyone recommend a place to stay or call about. I would like to be close to the swap meet (if Possible) and I really don't care much for anything fancy. Just a safe place to sleep and land while I spend a few days in the meet. Would like to stay Friday, Saturday night only

Thanks

David Lloyd

You better get on the stick ! time is coming close I always like the holiday inn,close by clean and mention the club youll get a discount

Comment

I heard that there is also some other function in town that same weekend, and rooms are going FAST.

OR, just bring a sleeping bag and sleep under the stars.

Comment

RE: Camping on the Grounds

Beware of a crude old character in overalls named "Charlie" on a golfcart or 'mule'. He's the Park 'official' and takes great delight in being rude when he goons campers who haven't stopped first at the "tower gate office" on Locust street, and paid a nominal fee.

I have seen citizens just pack up and leave because of him, and at least one woman in tears.

Beware also that campers might be kicked out of the livestock buildings, even if it is raining cats'n'dogs.

The Chapter has no control over park policies, no doubt, so please stake your camping claims carefully. It can get crowded.

Looking forward to it!

....Cotten

Comment

I think I just have to reply to your remarks about Charlie-Hes never been avything but a gentleman as far as I'm concerned.On the year of the 100th he let us park there free two days because we wanted to ride over to Milwaukee for the anniversary.Another year he helped us get a good spot up front with hookups.Hes always assessable and pleasant to deal with.

Comment

Working...
          X