Pan, knuckle compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pan, knuckle compatibility

Just hoping that some one will know if a knuckle cylinder and rocker box will fit on a 48FL Pan lower end. Thank you for any responses. Oh yeah! If I have to explain, you wouldn't understand.

The early 48 cases use a right case similar to the knuck, all you have to do is relocate some tappet block mounting screw holes, drill the top oil return passages, weld up the pan return grooves in the cylinder base surface and change cam, tappet blocks and pushrod and covers in addition to the cylinder and head assemblies. Also you will have to find a stick to carry for protection from the panhead guys that want to whack you for what you did to a set of pan cases.

Comment

A buddy of mine did just that. He calls it a Puckle. Runs perfect but like Koenes said it takes a bit of machine work and oil line routing.

Comment

Puckle Head

Nice info guys. Thanks! Will pass on what I freely received. FYI Koanes. A chopper builder asked me about this. Personally, I agree with the (don't mess with a nice set of cases.) mentality. But Ill bring the stick anyway!

Comment

Many years ago I had a truck driver buddy in the sixties who wanted something to ride with us. He built up a bike from parts around town when you could buy an old hog for 200 bucks for parts. It ended up with a knuck rear cyl & head and a front cylinder a panhead barrel/head assy. Run great, cought fire a few times tho on start up...

Comment

Working...
          X