• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebay.. flathead $$$$$$$$$

hope everyone caught this flatty on ebay #180000841202

Flathead ?

Comment

I ain't sure whether the topic should be in the knucks area or the flatty area ???? Sure is a cool bike though !! Wonder what the reserve really is ???? Paps

Comment

That fella restores the cool stuff for sure. He's always got something unique on the go!!!!!!!! It was patterned after the flattie for sure,,, but isn't that overhead valve setup cool.......??

Comment

T'ain't no flathead, but the experimental H-D 45 OHV circa 1939 motor put into a 1941 vintage 45 side-valve chassis.

I wonder if modern Harley-Davidson is bidding on that thing for their new museum? 32 bids so far and BIG BUCKS over $110,000!

Far as I know there is one other example of this motor surviving.

It was a good motor with lots of pep but the 45 trannie was not up to the task and they thought a 45 OHV would cut into 61 OHV sales so it was axed at the time.

There's the Sportster engine in early prototype form only in 1939!
          Attached Files

Comment

I had heard of these models and If I remember correctly had seen a picture somewhere before. It looks pretty cool and I'm thinking that is where the 45 Magnum concept originated.

Comment

Originally posted by c.o.
              I had heard of these models and If I remember correctly had seen a picture somewhere before. It looks pretty cool and I'm thinking that is where the 45 Magnum concept originated.
              I remember that 45 Magnum. That goes "way" back but wasn't that Randy Smith of Competition Cycle or something grafting Sportster heads & jugs to the 45-sv bottom in a 45 chassis?

There was a photo of him picking up the entire bike (45 Magnum) and holding it, but even at the time I guess the photo was staged but it did look cool.

That was in an old early 70s issue of Big Bike or some other vintage chopper rag from that period.

Wasn't a popular conversion tho.....

Comment

Apparently it was like riding a hand grenade from what I've been told!!! I have heard of a few that went together that still run up and down the road though.........

Comment

Beautiful Machine ,but sorry to much bread for one unit !
                  For me I rather prefer 4 nice Pans, I will not be afraid of riding .
                  Have a safe 4th !!!!!!

Comment

$130,000 and reserve not met !

Comment

WOW ! is all I can say ! good to see the High prices that means all of our JUNK is worth that much more !!!

Comment

I would have to disagree with the high ticket items ,Yes it pushes the price of our machines up ,but however future purchases are put off because of these inflated prices !
                        I beleive our sport is a passion , a interest and concern to preserve these items from the past . Although what I feel it has become is just another avenue for wealthy people to ''make another investment ""
                        Althought,I also use My machines as a investment , My 11 year old Son Thank God , displays a passion for these machines with wanting to participate in the sport . Yes perhaps with Gods Grace when He is older ,late in the evening I can find Him in the Barn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank You !

Comment

I would have to agree on the high price situation. I do know however that Carman is a long time enthusiast who puts out quality work on rare machines.......

Come on now Inline, you know that your not the caretaker of junk....... But I get where your coming from...........

Comment

I cannt change the way things are going not only MCs but everything in general is way out of reach for the Common Man, i know I couldnt have the MCs I do at todays prices,Ive been riding all my life and my kids love MCs but do they and will they share my passion???to wahat extent Im not sure so if theyw ould rather have a house on the ocean once Im gone Im glad the HIGH prices of MCs and my hobby will allow them to do so ! You foret in 1930,1940.1950 (even with some of todays machines) the pricing was not in reach of the common man! It wasnt that long ago MCs in general were a dirty word and not worth a hill of beans!
                            CO I truely sorry ! The word JUNK here is used loosely ! You know better than that .....I hope And yes I know better

Comment

Yes Inline I do know better

All these words are put down with a on my face........

Comment

Working...
                              X