Re: Riding Not Investing Summer Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Riding Not Investing Summer Issue

This is a response from Frank Robb a member of the seaboard chapter in response to my letter in the national magazine, I think fellow AMCA members will agree that no where in my letter did I use any name calling or talk down on any current or former members of said club. I was clearly stating my opinion on the non-activity of antique motorcycle use. I hope by posting this response from Mr. rob that other members of this fine organ action can see how some members try an belittle someone for trying to get some activities or events going to get these great old motorcycles back out an enjoyed for all to see Dave Nigro # 4352 the following is the response- -

A VOTE TO LET SOMEONE JOIN
    {Since we meet at peoples homes, voting seems to be the way the founding members choose to weed out criminals or wesels, as stated in the by laws . smart guys them founders , i am proud they accepted me in the early days.}
    ONLY ONE BIKE LEFT
    { investments gone or did some dirty weasle steal some of his bikes}
    EVO'S
    {get a job and maby you can own a tour bike and ride further than hooters}
    APPROCHING CHAPTER DIRECTOR
    {i only wish he would start his own chapter , then the board could work on club functions. by the way might i suggest a name for this chapter THE WEASELS
    IN ENDING I WOULD LIKE TO SAY I LOVE THE A M C A AND THE SEABOARD CHAPTER . I PUT IN A LOT OF WORK AS PAST DIRECTOR, INTO THIS CLUB AND HATE THE FACT THAT LITTLE WEASLES LIKE THIS CAN IN ONE SWOPE OF THE PEN, DEFAME ALL THE MEMBERS
    45FRANK ANCA#953 /
    RON PLEASE PRINT IN NEWS LETTER
    I HOPE THAT BY NOW YOU HAVE RECIEVED YOUR QUARTERLY A.M.C.A. MAGAZINE [THAT IS IF YOUR DUES ARE UP TO DATE] ! R I D I N G N O T I N V E S T I N G
    IS THIS LETTER TO THE EDITOR A JOKE !
    RIDING WITH THE FOUNDING MEMBERS SINCE THE EARLY 70'S , BUT DID NOT JOIN THE CLUB UNTIL THE 90'S
    {]maby because the founders didn't like weasels neather}
    NO RIDES !! CRAB RUNS ? PICNICS
    {where was the weasel on the wheels of may run , crab runs , sunday rides that we don't call him for} , if i just got out of jail , never worked a real job in my life , i might have time to ride down to the local hooters and act like a real biker too!!!!
    ****ING UP TO THE NEWS EDITOR
    {everyone needs a friend , it is a shame that such a great guy like ron had to be the target }
    INFORMAL MEETINGS !
    {for those of you who volunteer there time as elected officers and spend your time having board meetings, i applaude you } I HAVE SAID ALL I WANT TO SAY ABOUT THIS SUBJECT. FEEL FREE TO USE ANY OF MY STATEMENTS IN QUOTATIONS, IF YOU WOULD LIKE .
    THIS WHEASEL AND OTHERS LIKE HIM WOULD RATHER DISTROY A GOOD THING THAN HELP

I'm afraid, as someone who hasn't yet got the Summer issue of the Club Magazine, that this post makes absolutly no sense what-so-ever.
    If we as club members, are going to post things on this forum that are also read by non-members, who may or may not have access to the Club Magazine, we should ensure that what is written is comprehensible and not a lot of twaddle.
    We must always remember that this is the on-line face of our club and how we are percieved here, is a reflection on the Club and every member in it.

Tommo

Comment

As a relatively new member of the AMCA
      and the Seaboard Chapter I was very disappointed to read said letter in the our national magazine. I do not believe that such a publication is the place to air what amounts to an internal problem within the chapter.
      I have found my experience a tremendous help in restoring my 51 Servicar; fellow members providing help, parts, and vendor recommendations.
      I am also aware that no one from the national office contacted the chapter to verify the contents of the article or obtain a rebutal. If I remember my Canons of Journalism from college, this amounts to pretty shoddy journalism. It is a shame such a first-class publication should stoop so low.

Comment

Just an opinion........which is worth what you paid for it;
        Venting chapter disagreements thru the National Magazine and/ or this forum will resolve very little. We've all got our gripes, take a ride and relax.
        johnny

Comment

I thank the AMC for publishing my letter.
          It was intended as a wake up call for all who are investers instead of riders .
          NOTE: The original title was " Is the Seaboard Chapter Sunk " ?
          OR "Will the South Ride Again " ? ( South Jersey )
          The AMC chose to change the title to "Riding Verses Investing".
          I guess they will never call me for those Sunday rides that they never called me for anyway.
          And just to set the record straight I've never been to Hooters or ever had an urge to ride a button bike.
          I love the Seaboard Chapter in spite of the negative responses.
          They are still by brothers and I love them dearly.
          The Little Weasle,

Comment

39knuckrider,
            Good to see a little humor in your last post. Lifes to short to let it ruin your day. Now if i can get my evo started i will meet you at hooters........dang electronics!!! Have the best day you can
            johnny

Comment

lets ride 'n quit bitch'n

so are we ridin ? to hooters or how 'bout a good ol shaker bar ..... either way lets just ride them ol dinosaurs !!oh ya i ride a evo sometimes to but also been " caught ridin with the weasel " on my ol bikes that don't sit idle,that doesn't make me a bad person now does it ? not that a answer matters to me ,never did follow the "in crowd "and to dam stubborn to start now !! lets have a seaboard meeting at hooters-http://hooters.know-where.com/hooters/cgi/site?site=212&address= hey JWW i'll be headed down your way in late july,headed to cali. if ya want to do hooters im game just remember though i ride with that weasel from up jersey way. now i gotta go kick my pan for a ride, all this bitch'n is give 'n me a head ache

Comment

Tommo what is twaddle ?

If we as club members, are going to post things on this forum that are also read by non-members, who may or may not have access to the Club Magazine, we should ensure that what is written is comprehensible and not a lot of twaddle

Comment

The Oxford Dictionary defines twaddle as "senseless, feeble or prosy talk"

Comment

Dribble, waddle, rubbish, crap etc.
                    Jeez Tommo, you’d think these colonials would understand the queens English eh!
                    (I actually prefer the Concise Macquarie Dictionary. It spells things correctly, not how Microsoft wants me to spell.)
                    The new mag is out??? Great.

Best wishes all.

Ken.

Comment

roadside assistance from the weasel

so any truth to the rumer that a seaboard member was on the side of the road after returning from the meeting with ol bike troubles ? is it true that the "weasel's " roadside assistance team saved the day ? could it really be ......

Comment

flthead there is in New Jersey "Weasel's " Roadside Assistance Team here is a card i got from a little guy On a Old Knuckle said he is the Weasel
                        Attached Files

Comment

weasel's roadside assistance

It's the Weasel again, rearing his ugly head on a sunny day. Hello to all My fellow Seaboarders and AMCA riders. Newsflash. I have heard tale that the Farmboy was out on his flathead with his Farmgirl. I am proud to hear that the old bike is finally on the road. Sorry I missed the last chapter meeting, looking forward to seeing you all at the next one.
                          For any Philly area AMCA riders:
                          Tonite (6/30/06 at 6pm) there's a car and bike show at Barb's Harley Davidson (926 Black Horse Pike in West Collingswood Heights NJ 08059) Hope to see all my Seaboard brothers there as well as Harmony and Nashaminy Chapters
                          Best wishes, health and wealth and wheels down on the road.
                          The Weasel
                          P.S. I hurt my thumb today so I guess I'll be kickin' it.

Comment

Seaboards Riding

Good to see the Weasel's Letter in the AMCA national magazine did some good. The Seaboard Club are starting to Ride there old bikes they road to Philly to show the old bike's off two weeks ago

Comment

be seen at the evo convention on a antique! sept 6-9

any seaboard,colonial or nashaminy riders going to the n.j. state hog rally , ride the old stuff ...be seen !! there only a handfull of ol bikes down there during the rally every year an it might be time 'ol slow race gets a lil friendly competition in the bike games this year too . tired of the stories of "I got an 'ol bike home... but I rode my evo here " so get them there 'ol bikes out for some fun in the sun !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X