• Show
Clear All

• Legend of the Motorcycle Show

WOW !
    I've always wondered if a Radial engine MC was possible. Check out Pg. 76
    Hell, check them all out!

http://www.craig.howell.net/legend06/

enjoy

WOW...........wish I knew about this event I would have gone.

Comment

Great site.
      Thanks.

Ken.

Comment

Great shots! Would have been nice if Craig Howell had at least said hello to me! See page 35. Well, now he knows who I am. And geessss.... my hair is really gitt'in grey.

Here's some more.
        http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8IZuHLFmxcuNA

It's great looking at these shots. I missed some stuff.
        Thanks very much for shooting and posting.
        It's really cool seeing different perspectives, at different times.

Pretty sure this event was advertised in our zine.

Comment

Wish I couldve been there! Very nice stuff for sure! To the both of you thanks a million for sharing with all of us less fortunate!

Comment

I just spent a wonderful hour looking at quite an array of antique and vintage motorcycles. This must have been quite an event to attract all of those machines. Were any of these machines actually started and run? Thanks for the wonderful opportunity view these machines.

Howard

Comment

And, by the way. I have never seen so many Crockers all in one place!

Howard

Comment

bobdo,
                Megola of Germany produced a motorcycle with a 5 cylinder radial engine incorporated in the front wheel. made from about 1920 to around 1925 with around 2000 of them being produced.
                I've never seen one in the flesh but it is a very desirable motorcycle to own.

Tommo

Comment

Thanks Tommo,
                  I recall seeing pictures of the Megola awhile ago, very cool.
                  I'll have to do an image search for one.
                  I have a sudden urge to go to the Cleveland air Show, in hopes
                  that Delmar Benjamin's #7 Gee Bee will be there.
                  Bob

Comment

Hey guys - trying to finish writing up a little show report for y'all. Will post.

I helped to kick to life an orig paint Crocker in the lower lot w/ some SoCal friends. They wanted to ride the bike up. Very cool to see.

I'm pretty sure the 1923 BMW was fired up. I heard it. I think it was the bimmer.....

Pete fired up the steam. And just gunned it at one point! I asked him what's with that? You got engine problems? He says no. Had to let off some steam. Hee-hee.... I think he should approach Kingsford Charcoal for sponsorship. That would be just priceless!

It was really tempting to get a short track grass course going around the practice putting green in the afternoon. Oh well, maybe next year. Hee-hee-hee...... NOT.

Comment

Ok, here you go guys. Didn't have alot of time to craft a beautiful story. So this rambling journal of my trip will have to do. Hope you enjoy it.

Legendofthemotorcycle -trip story

Comment

Hey Steve.......errrr.... I mean Paul! It looks like you get to have all the fun. It certainly sounded like the place to be!!! Your gonna have to fill us in on who won that horse race! That pink room scenario is hilarious! If I bump into you this summer your going to have to fill me in on the unprintables.............

Comment

orphaned motor

hey paul if you end up building a one off, i got the perfect pre 16 chassis
                          Attached Files

Comment

First off. Sorry for the spam guys. Brit cell advert thing. it's all gone.

I was at the big kick off rodeo all weekend. Yes, I have a life... It's a low tech event and I was out of touch. On the upside, by some miracle of God I won the 50/50 draw. Payout was 1680.00 cash - so now I can pay some racked up bills from San Fran. Oh-YA!!! you betcha! I bought a couple rounds for all my rowdy friends. One of our own won last year also. What are the odds of that!
                            In light of some animal rights protesters unraveling banners again this year. We will be unravelling our own next year in counter-protest from the cheap Bud zone seating. "Beef is good! - Just ask her". Interestingly enough, attendance was up this year.

The frame is perfect. I'm into it. Thanks man. Much appreciated. I'll email you.
                            Do you know what marque it's from? I figure I'll be rideing it for 30 or so years. So it'll be going to a good home. Did it have a pedal crank at one point?

Comment

Ok - I'm kinda eyeball'in a brit v-twin almost intact. someones old project. Fr sussp better sys. has engine. A run and jump bike. No big deal for a young guy like me. How difficult is it to locate a Sturmy-Archer 3 speed rear hub? Is this unobtanium? Are they silly expensive? I'll move this over to the pre-16 sect.

Comment

Working...
                              X