Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HD Shop photos Ft. Wayne IN -wanted for grand daughter

Can anyone help her?

I am very interested in finding out about original Harley Davidson shop owners. I
    know this has nothing to do with parts, but did not know if you could lead me to
    anything. My grandfather - Pops Daler had what was supposed to be one of the
    original shops and I am looking for pictures. The shop was located in Ft. Wayne,
    IN. I was up there this weekend and got somewhat of some leads, but have not recd.
    responses back yet. Phone numbers were wrong and all kinds of really - dead ends.
    Can you give me any direction? I looked on Milwaukee HD and you cannot email them,
    so that was a no go also.
    Thank you for any information that you can provide, I would greatly appreciate it.
    Wendy (Daler) Galt
    wendy_luvmygod@yahoo.com

Quote: "Pops Daler had what was supposed to be one of the original shops..."

That sounds intriguing.

I wonder what she means by "original" in this context?

I will be looking at some older records in the near future and will keep my eyes open for "Pops" Daler. Offhand the name doesn't ring a bell...

Comment

MotorCyclist, Dec. 1935, p. 25:

H.L. Daler, Ft. Wayne, Indiana, Harley-Davidson dealer attended the dealers' convention at the Schroeder Hotel in Milwaukee in late November.

Far from being an "original" dealer, but interesting because Daler was THERE when the immortal 61 OHV was introduced!

The Enthusiast mag has several photos of the convention. I wonder if Daler shows up in any of them?

That must have been some party!

Comment

Here's a tidbit: Ralph Swihart, of Ft. Wayne, Ind., picked up a brand-spanking new 61 OHV at the Factory in the summer of 1936.

No doubt Pops was his dealer....

I'll bet Ralph was one happy boy with his fast-stepping new Overhead Twin!

Them was the days!

Comment

Working...
        X