Quote: "The first Harley was made in 1900."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote: "The first Harley was made in 1900."

Here's what they apparently believe to be true over in Spain.

What next?

1899?

1776?

4,000 B.C.?

===============

Antonio Ríos González , Harley Davidson Salesman
    by Carmen B. Cerbán

“The sound a Harley Davidson makes is patented”

What’s the origin of the Harley Davidsons?

The first Harley was made in 1900. It was built by a family who started making motorcycles individually, by hand, at a time when everything was already done on a factory conveyor belt. The only cars and motorbikes made to order were Harleys, and the make gradually acquired greater prestige.

(snipped from

http://www.surinenglish.com/noticias.php?Noticia=8247

Can someone translate the word "idiot" into Spanish for me please ?

Comment

I think this H-D salesman must be some kind of genius to express so many misunderstandings in only three lines.
      Simply "idiota" or "tonto" does not reflect the truth. Unfortunately I run out of suitable words in any language...

Comment

Maybe all that dazzling chrome plating frazzles the brain....

Comment

I hope nobody from the Factory gets wind of this one.

Because then they'll be saying........"See, we told you so,.....That proves it"

Comment

Originally posted by Earl
            I hope nobody from the Factory gets wind of this one.

Because then they'll be saying........"See, we told you so,.....That proves it"
            Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the Factory has recently tweaked its "official" origin timeline slightly in the right direction.

Formerly, the following statement appeared under the year 1903. Now it appears under the year 1904.

Quote: "1904 The first Harley-Davidson Dealer, C.H. Lang of Chicago, IL, opens for business and sells one of the first three production Harley-Davidson motorcycles ever made."

That is still one year off the true mark if you believe what Mr. Lang himself said under sworn oath during recorded testimony in a court-of-law.

Lang clearly stated (under oath) that he became "familiar" with the Harley-Davidson motorcycle in the "fall of 1904," but didn't sell any until 1905. He even states the number of Harleys he sold in 1905 (three not one).

Lang does not mention selling any Harleys in 1903 or 1904 because there were no units available to sell. In the fall of 1904, there was probably just the one prototype that the boys raced in Milwaukee in September and most likely how Lang first became "familiar" with the brand.

Decide for yourself:

============

Carl H. Lang Testimony (p.367)

Q4. Are you familiar with the motorcycle produced by the Harley-Davidson people?

A. Yes.

Q5. When did you first become familiar with their motorcycle?

A. In the fall of 1904.

Q6. As a dealer in motorcycles, do you handle their product?

A. Yes.

Q7. How long have you handled the Harley-Davidson motorcycle?

A. I started to handle the Harley-Davidson motorcycle as a dealer beginning in 1905.

Q8. Have you any record or recollection of the number of motorcycles you handled for these people during the first years of your association with them as a dealer?

A. I sold three machines in 1905. In 1906 I sold 24.

===============
            Full story of Harley's wonderful birth!
            www.atthecreation.com

Comment

Just to help the Factory out here, that same paragraph should be further tweaked in the following manner to reflect the best hard-core evidence available at this time:

"1905: The first Harley-Davidson Dealer, C.H. Lang of Chicago, IL, opens for business and sells three of the first production Harley-Davidson motorcycles ever made."

Wasn't that easy?

Sure real easy! Easy like in years and years of hard work, searching for clues and evidence, brain-wracking frustrations, unusually spooky luck, and a drive to Philly in the company van, right Earl?

It was not an easy birth....

Harley Genesis Bible: www.atthecreation.com

Comment

Working...
              X