Attention Florida Flathead Riders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention Florida Flathead Riders

Well it's time for the 13th annual F.O.G. (Flathead Owners Group) Road Run. All Flathead Riders are invited! We have a great run planned, with a Very Special Secret Destination that EVERYONE is sure to enjoy! We have some great Riders joining us this year and as ALWAYS this will be one of the best rides of the year. The dates are May 6-7. There are only 2 requirements to become a t-shirt wearing, patch-holding, cap-sporting , full-fledged member of F.O.G. and these are: have a Flathead-Powered Motorcycle; and ride it on our Road Run!!! For details e-mail me : indianut@msn.com

sounds great .... but don't forget to post pics for us unable to attend . an about those t-shirts.......

Comment

If it's not AMCA or Chapter related or non-profit. Please don't hype it here.

Uhhhhh... ya, got some pictures?

Comment

don't hype it here.....

this is how to get the word out to people who RIDE antique motorsickles to events or happenings , an now were told not to use this site for getting these ol bikes out in the publics eye ...... i'll take it as you were not serious. ya i got pics for ya to post here ,oh but wait they werent at an amca event though

Comment

OK, I'll delete this and you can pay for an advert in the club magazine.
          More people would hear of the event this way.

AMCA members get free admission and t-shirts right?

Comment

"the amca's objective is to promote the collection ,restoration and preservation of antique motorcycles" . so i guess trying to promote them by getting members to ride them out to local events and possible recruiting new members that were not aware of this club or local chapters is not allowed on this site ?

Comment

We have swaps and road runs.

Advertise your local event -locally. If you do it here, their should be some sort of benefit to members for them to ride or attend. Like free admission and t-shirts for any participating AMCA member. Otherwise please don't piggy-back off this members site.

We all belong to many clubs and attend many different events. And ya, sadly guys who accually ride the bikes are few and far between.

Wanna advertise your non-club event? You pay.

Comment

We average about 15 riders per year on our ride. 100% of us are AMCA members. The only way you can get a F.O.G. t-shirt or cap is to come on our ride. The only way you can come on our ride is to actually RIDE your Flathead. The ONLY profit we have is the enjoyment of using our Antique Motorcycles. If you want to delete this post ,FINE- don't come on our Ride! If you want to Promote the use of your Antique Motorcycles come and join us fellow AMCA members doing our thing!
                P.S. the ONLY FEE required to join us on our Run is that you at some time in your life have bought an Antique Motorcycle! Adminguy, if YOU want a t-shirt and come on our run I will GIVE you one!

Comment

AMEN , fellow amca member AN RIDER OF ANTIQUE MOTORSICKLES

Comment

Did you say "FREE T-SHIRT"!!!!! Your on buddy! I'm there! Hee-hee-hee.....

Sorry man, I shoulda figured that out. Ya, 15 riders.....

Why the heck don't you afilliate the run with a chapter? Bad blood or something? Or state indirectly that as members of the "whatever chapter of the AMCA" we will be having a local road run. ie. affiliated, but not under the liability insurance coverage. A private for fun deal -but come on out and bring a flathead friend.

We do the same thing in this neck of the woods. ie. You going to ride such-n-such event? Yup. Usual susspects? Yup. OK, see y'all there.

We're so small in number (antique riders) we all pretty much know who each other are. And we do have A TON of fun together! The trick is to coax out the guys who have been stareing at that beautiful bike in the garage for a number of years and never ride it. And they're waiting for what exactly? More excuses? Bad news from the doctor? Gotta live your life.

Maybe a five minute visit as a group to each of these guys homes would change there minds? "Just look at all the bikes Bob! Pretty nice -aren't they. OK, were going for a ride. See ya later." No chit-chat, no hang around, Just hello and good bye. That would kill most guys.

Comment

I appreciate Indianut getting the word out about a regional road run. The goal of any forum is to communicate, and this is the perfect place to communicate the message that there is going to be an Antique motorcycle road run. I can understand restricting the promotion of non-motorcycle related activities but he wasn't doing that. This is exactly the kind of event that members in this area should be informed about. Who knows, a club member in Georgia or New Jersey may be in Florida that weekend and that might be the hook to bring an old bike. Regardless, Indianut was doing a service to AMCA members.

Comment

Yes, OK, I've seen the light.

Comment

Well, another FANTASTIC FLATHEAD RUN in beautiful West Florida. This was our 14th annual and as ALWAYS everyone that rode out rode back in. We have NEVER had a breakdown that wasn't handled on the spot in 14 years and we DO NOT baby our bikes. Once again the Indians outnumbered the Harleys. 7 Chiefs, 3 HD Big Flats, 1 45" and 1 K-Model. Anyone who does not consider Florida a Great Place for Old Iron is just not getting out enough. Another thanks to our friend Bruce Palmer for his hospitality in letting the motliest assortment of Flatheads ever assembled to enter his property!

Comment

This was my first ride with the Flathead Owner's Group. Everyone involved was an accomplished seasoned rider so there were no suprises or moments of terror from an inexperienced poser. They showed me some great places to ride and it was a truely a good day of riding. What I really enjoyed, was the feeling like it was 1950. Being on an Indian and being surrounded by Indians and Harleys that all performed at about the same level. It seemed like you were a character in a gypsy tour photograph.

FOG is a fantastic group of people, and a comminted group of rider/restorers. If you don't know what to do in the first weekend of May next year you should mark it on your calendar. I want to thank everyone in FOG for making me feel welcome and comfortable. I hope I didn't slow you down.

Comment

pics......

pics for are fix ? how'bout some pics of the run ,can ya post'em

Comment

Working...
                              X