daytona/king clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daytona/king clutch

well, just got back from daytona with the 48 chief.i had installed new king clutches prior to leaving, what an AWESOME improvement these are ,the bike never ground a gear in over 1500 miles of riding.it did require a small adjustment after 50 miles or so,(normal?) i also noted they get a little "grabby" in 80 degree daytona traffic . i wonder if a different weight of oil will help in that scenario? the performance from this bike that sat since 1969 was incredible.....................JUST LOVED WATCHING THOSE SHOVELHEAD GUYS AT THE IRONHORSE KICK THEIR BRAINS OUT.LOL. of course i didnt give the cheif the 1 kick routine until...well........i couldnt resist !had a great time down in fla but i never saw another indian ....at all.where were all you guys? ps. my speedo cable gave it up down there does anyone have an inner cable for a front drive 48?

I was down there Friday and Saturday at the Iron Horse with my yellow '47 Chief riding with my buddy on his '50 Pan and his son on his '42 WLA. We always parked out front instead of in the sand out back. I also saw no other Indians but I was only in Daytona for a couple days. Weather was perfect and we also had a blast. And, my King clutch worked perfect also.

Louie

Comment

Try ZIGGY for that inner cable or maybe a whle new setup!

Comment

As far as the grabbiness is concerned, check out the actuator threads inside and out carefully. Make sure they are not excessively worn, burred or pitted and that they are properly lubricated. Be sure that the oil seal nut on the outside is also properly lubricated and is not too tight. Those things can make it feel like a clutch is getting tight.

Comment

didnt see the point in starting a new thread,but i wanted all of you guys to know that i ran into my good friend pat cramer at our local bar yesterday.he had heard about this 48 that i found in a barn and i guess curiosity got the best of him he was impressed ,especially by the fact that it came with an extra ,complete motor.those of you who know pat would agree he is a heck of a gent ,plus he has a collection of bikes that makes me wanna cry everytime i see them.i need to go down to his place as he has added a few since last time i was there.

Comment

Working...
          X