Riding the Baja, Mexico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Riding the Baja, Mexico

I just returned from a 10 day ride in Mexico. Rode a modern HD but would have no qualms about riding old iron, knowing what I know now. We rode the length of the Baja, back up to La Paz to take the ferry across to the mainland and North to AZ. The roads were excellent, gasoline was fairly easy to get, though I recommend taking a gas can with, as there are some long stretches without fuel. Reasonably priced hotel/motels to fit any lifestyle, good food available everywhere. Night riding is not too safe as the cattle are mostly black and take to the roads at night for the warmth. Most impressed with the Mexican people. In ten days of stumbling around, this dazed and confused, no Spanish speaking Gringo, did not encounter one bad attitude, not even close to testy. Situation reversed, try finding that kind of reception in the US or Canada. Not a chance. Anyone interested should go as soon as possible as the everpresent bulldozer of progress is likely to turn the place (Baja) into Disneyworld. If you are planning a trip to Mexico, send me an email and I will share some useful tips and info gained from my experience.

That's something I'm interested in doing. I'll email you.

I have a friend that had asked me if I was interested in Thailand end of March. Bunch of guys were going. Flying stand-by. Motorcycles, tour west coast a bit, jungle trek, nude beaches (dutch and german girls , diving, get some surfing in maybe. No time, no money- so that's out. Maybe one day. Gotta get your med shots a month in advance I think.
    Would make a great travel story.

Maybe I could work a deal in exchange for some hot rod parts brought over for a long-tail? Hummm....

Koanes- your email is blocked? Buzz me.

Comment

Working...
    X