Powerplus Era Leather Tool Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken,
    I am going to have to shop around and see if I can find some metric leather!!!! HA HA HA LOL I think I can handle the conversions!!

Comment

Good on ya mate!

Comment

Paquette,

I don't know if this helps, you may need them rougher???

245mm=9.65 inches

83mm=3.27 inches

75mm=2.95 inches

32mm=1.26 inches

72mmx92mm = 2.85 inchesx1.7 inches

4mm=0.16 inches

40mm=1.57 inches

That's my figuring anyway.........You should definitely check them.

Good luck, I hope you can show us the finished product!!!

Comment

Thanks for the info, although I have already done the conversions with almost 100 years of shrinkage factored in, LOL , It is a must to figure shrinkage when reproducing any type of vintage accessory. I will post some pics, for Ken's approval as well as for the club. By the way Ken, how are the Wallabies doing this year? I am a rugger from way back ( although US sides s---K) Paul I thought I would save you the trouble!!!! LOL

Comment

G'day Michael.
            I have no idea, so try here for your Rugby fix:
            http://www.rugby.com.au/qantas_walla...ing,21788.html
            Re my approval, I haven't seen one of these bags in years mate. If you say it's good enough for your reputation, that's fine by me! I'm sure some knowlegable person on the list may be able to provide fine detail comments if needed.
            I'm sitting in the QANTAS Club lounge, waiting to fly down to Canberra for a memorial service for my Helicopter team killed last year in Indonesia. Looking forward to the bar opening! Internet is great so you can keep in contact isn't it?

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Comment

G'day everyone.
              Since Michael isn't into blowing his own trumpet, I will for him.
              He's finished the early Indian Tool Box (bag?) for me, and I've seen the photos of the initial design. Looks as close as any one is going to produce I would suggest. Michaels sent it off to me here in Oz, so as soon as I get it, I'll let you know my final opinion, but I'm sure it's perfect.
              This list is great.

Best wishes all.

Ken.
              (Admin Guy, should we move this thread under Indian other?)

Comment

That's great to hear Baytown!!!

Comment

Got it!

G'day everyone.
                  Just to let you know that I received Michael Paquette's Reproduction Indian Motocycle Tool Box (Pre 1925 leather Factory accessory item) that attaches to the luggage carrier yesterday, and it is as close to original as you will get.
                  The item fits perfectly, hardware is very period, and I'm one very happy Powerplus owner.
                  Michael is going to sell these for $150 US, which is a very fair price for the effort and work involved.
                  If you can't afford $500 US for an original (if you ever find one!), then this is the way to go.
                  When I can get the thing mounted, I'll send some photos in.
                  Michael has been a pleasure to deal with, so support an active AMCA member, and gentleman if you want this item.

Best wishes everyone from Oz.

Ken.

Comment

Great to hear Baytown!!! I always like to hear a happy ending!! Can't wait to see the pics and get an eyefull of Paquette's work!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X