No announcement yet.

Powerplus Era Leather Tool Box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ken--I have received one e-mail with some pictures. I have replied and hopefully we can get some sort of communication going--Michael

Comment

Measurements

G'day everyone.
      To help Michael produce these tool bags for the Powerplus and earlier Indians, does anyone on the list know the dimensions of these bags?
      The closest we can tell from photos is approx 9 x 3 1/2 x 3 1/2 inch, mounted with a tin backing plate on the rear of the luggage carrier.
      Any advice is appreciated, as he will be able to reproduce these for others as well.

Best wishes.

Ken.

Comment

Hey Ken, I could maybe measure the one on the back of Pete Gagans 14 IND elect. for you. Pictured in the virtual museum>extended museum>14 IND> click a photo on the left to see extra pictures. It's the top or first one.

The bike is currently in a local small museum display. Pete could tell you where he got it.

Comment

Paul--If you could get a picture of the closer clasp and the handle mount, that would also be a big help----

Comment

OK - will do. They have a cut away evo engine on display that I'd like to take some measurements off of. I'm thinking of picking the brains of the HD engineers (or someones) and adapting there proven tech -to give my little 57 stroker a nice effient, high turbulance, burn, at speed. Much thanks to Donny Petersen.

Comment

And the Garford Horn while you're at it!

Thanks for this Paul.
              Also while you’re crawling over that beautiful bike, could you please get a couple of decent shots of the Horn mounting?
              I have the Garford horn, but no clear idea of how the clamps mount to the handle bars, or at the horn itself.
              Thanks for going to the effort with the bag mate, and best wishes.

Ken.

Comment

OK - so for clarity. The U bracket on the horn and how it attaches to the two piece pinch clamps on the bar. A shot right in between the two. And one up from the bottom.

This may or may not be orig stuff. Mike Smith would know or Fred lange.

Well- I'll get some pictures. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminGuy
                  OK - so for clarity. The U bracket on the horn and how it attaches to the two piece pinch clamps on the bar. A shot right in between the two. And one up from the bottom.
                  If that's how it mounts!
                  I've not seen on in recent memory, so I have no idear. My application is on to the standard 1922 PP bars, not the drop type (?clip on) bars that this bike seems to have. Anyway, some clear shots of how they are mounted will help me either way.
                  Thanks Paul.

Ken.

Comment

Baytown/Paquette........Now to complicate things further........check out item #6609965821 on e-bay. It looks like it's going to be expensive again @%#!

I'm thinking maybe the seller and or the buyer could possibly supply you with the necessary dimensions if they were nice type of folks......... One way or the other Baytown your gonna get that toolbox!!!

Comment

Thanks CO mate.
                      Even if I can't purchase these items, we are getting a decent photo data base of their construction for the reproduction of the bags.
                      Best wishes.

Ken.

Comment

Pete replaced the wrong luggage rack with the correct one. The rear tool box is no longer on the bike. Sorry - ask him what happened to the box.

Horn mnt pho in IND other sect.

Comment

Thanks for the effort Paul.
                          Good on you.
                          I'll see if Pete G has any info on the bag as well.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Comment

Dimentions of Bag

G'day Michael.
                            Just to keep you informed.
                            The owner of the great tool bag recently sold on Ebay contacted me (from Europe) and is sending a picture of the dimentions and design of the bag via snail mail.
                            As soon as I get it, I'll send the measurements, and a scan to you.
                            He was very helpful, and a nice bloke.
                            Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Comment

Ken--- I look forward to getting the Info----M

Comment

G'day Michael.
                                I received the dimensions today from Ronnie in Belgium.
                                They are in Metric, so hope this isn't too much an issue.

245 mm long

83 mm wide

75 mm high (deep)

Width of the front flap 32mm

Ronnie states that "The tool box is made from one piece of leather with two side panels 72mm x 92mm. The leather is approx 4mm thick.

The four mounting holes are approx 40mm from the sides, measured to the center of the holes. Doesn't say how high.

Best wishes Michael, and hope this is of use.

Ken.

Comment

Working...
                                X