American Racer Vol 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American Racer Vol 1

There was mention a few months ago that Stephen Wright's book, American Racer Vol 1, was going to be reprinted and become available again; I believe this month of Feb 2006. I can find no one selling the book yet nor reference to it's imminent republication and wonder if anyone has more current information on when and where we might expect to see this book reappear?

thanks
    Howard

When I found out about the re-print I hurried right up and got my name put on a list for a copy. A Cindy Wright sent me an e-mail and said that it would be out sometime early in the year and that she would e-mail me when it was available. I haven't heard anything yet, but would be happy to let you know when I do.

Comment

CO;
      How does one go about getting their name on a notification list.?

Howard

Comment

Petri,

Go to Stephen's web-site. It is www.americanmotorcyclebook.com

Have a look at the bottom of the page and click on "About the Author". That page will have a spot to click on to send them an
        e-mail. I hope this helps. I'm really looking forward to the book. I haven't been able to justify an e-bay purchase of it!!

Comment

I should have guessed he had a web site. That makes it simple. I think the now very high, many thousands of dollars prices for used copies, are about to come to an end.

thanks C.O., that help a lot
          Howard

Comment

Still going for over $207 US on Ebay with 17 hours to go.
            Ebay # 4621738062
            These people just don't research their purchases do they?
            Just wait for the snipers to come out as well!

Best wishes.

Ken.
            Still the best book in the world re the topic, and if never again available, I'd pay it!

Comment

$511 US at the hammer!!!!

Comment

If you can't wait for the reprint, I've seen copies for sale at The Wheels Through Time Museum. Call Dale at (828) 926-6266 to see if he still has any.

Comment

Thanks for the info Johnny, but I've had my copy since it was first released. A cherrished book.

Comment

I've just seen this on ebay, a signed by the autor and also the old racers copy of American Racer, anyone know if it is as rare as claimed ? and worth bidding for ?

ebay item No 7024834443

Comment

Well Smarty you've certainly found an interesting book!!! You could try e-mailing Stephen's web-site at MegdenPub@aol.com
                      I believe you may be able to get an affirmative answer on the limited edition status. If your just looking for a copy of the book, a re-print is supposed to be out this year.

Comment

Nice find with the signatures.
                        If you have that sort of money, then it's up to you. The multiple signatures would make it worth quite a bit though I'm sure.
                        Way beyond this mere mortal, especially as we are talking UK Pounds.

Best wishes mate.

Ken.

Comment

Working...
                        X