Whats out there for mufflers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats out there for mufflers??

I was just wondering what kinda mufflers you could get in the 40's and early 50's.
    The only ones I see are the superior brand.
    Anybody got some info on what the guys and gals back then did to their mufflers?? Or some cool ideas??
    Just wondering.............

dave.

I have a Buco muffler going on my current 46FL project. Very Nice. And Burgess Muffler Co, aside from manufacturing some for HD also offered their own replacements.

Comment

Does anybody have any old (40's 50's) mufflers laying around, buco, burgess, superior......... anything but stock.
      Or maybe got a link to a website?
      Thanks guys.

dave.

Comment

oddmystic,
        keep an eye on e-bayunder Indian parts a fellow by the nick of easyruss usually has them on there,if I happen to see a set Ill e-mail you !

Comment

Yeah I have seen those, actually I bought a pair of superior mufflers from Tom Faber. But I'm looking for something different, dont really know exactly what so I am open for any old muffler.
          Thx for the reply tho.

dave.

Comment

Ill keep an eye open for you if I see something Ill shout @ ya! HAPPY HUNTING!!

Comment

heres one i havent seen..........the exhaust on my new 48 chief has the muffler turned backwards............why? .got me ,but it sounds better than the one on my 46

Comment

Well, 'till I find a muffler I like I'll stick with the trumpet tip I got on it. Gives those open pipes an extra boost. LOUD!!

d.

Comment

Working...
                X