Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *indian larry.

HiYa,
    a couple of Indian Larry's Discovery Builds will be up for auction. Scroll down to see the listings for >>>'Grease Monkey & Chain oF Mystery'. Should be 'Munster Coach' bidding on those two.

https://monthly.mecum.com/2019/11/28/passing-the-torch/ >>*Offered Mecum Jan.21-26 Las Vegas 2020.

*M.A.D.*
    Last edited by JoJo357; 01-09-2020, 04:22 PM.

Nice!_____That he didnt use Indian motors.
    Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
      Nice!_____That he didnt use Indian motors.
      Tom
      For sure
      Eric Smith
      AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
        For sure
        Au Contraire Boys, Lawrence DeSmedt was nicknamed 'Indian Larry' because of the fact that he 'WAS the Go 2 Guy' for wrenching on Old Indians!
        iron-horse-magazine-november-1987_1_f976dc6b496c8da509ba5a6b69b4cc0e.jpg >>>1st Indian Chopper Build. *Nov.1987-Iron Horse-NYC-*R.i.P.
        iron-horse-magazine-november-1987_1_f976dc6b496c8da509ba5a6b69b4cc0e.jpg

*M.A.D.*
        Last edited by JoJo357; 01-09-2020, 06:57 PM.

Comment

That one I like.
          As for the first two,I think Ill save for an Orange county chopper.
          BTW I did like that he built bikes that could be ridden in NYC(not the later art pieces) and not getting caught up in the crazy long ,cant make a turn choppers.
          Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tfburke3 View Post
            That one I like.
            As for the first two,I think Ill save for an Orange county chopper.
            BTW I did like that he built bikes that could be ridden in NYC(not the later art pieces) and not getting caught up in the crazy long ,cant make a turn choppers.
            Tom
            I Agree Tom, No ez feat riding a Motorcycle, let alone a chopper through the streets of NYC! I liked his style. Shot the breeze one year with Larry on Main Street during Bike Week. Definitely a polite nice person--and 101% cRaZy about Motorcycles!

Eddy-Munsters-Bike-1-630x390.jpg >>>Barris/Von Dutch/Schwinn.
            fec6377d3d6d367c733843d006c55d35.jpg >>>'Indian' Larry--'Chain oF Mystery'.

*M.A.D.*
            Last edited by JoJo357; 01-09-2020, 07:17 PM.

Comment

Lots of that stuff was done long before "Indian Larry" came on the scene. I knew guys building chain frames and handlebars in the late '60s. Old Misfits and El Forsteros. Basically anything you can think of has been tried before...
              Robbie Knight Amca #2736

Comment

Working...
              X