36th B-day ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36th B-day ride

Went for a ride today on the 1970 CB750, built 2-1970 (we're both 36 this year). What a blast! Clear and cold weather (high around 38 degrees F), but a lot of fun. Bike is totally unmolested, with many early 750 features, not a bad investment for $750.00 just about 1 year ago.... let's see that would buy about 1/2 of a Hedstrom carb for my 1908 Indian.... I'm still looking for carb, oil tank and handlebars the the 1908 if anyone would like to contribute. In the mean time anyone want to sell me some early Japanese bikes cheap???? I prefer nice original paint bikes.....
    -MC
    Attached Files

ok, I'm not very good at getting pics on here .... lets try again for a better one...

ok, I give up. Can't get it to work... sometimes I hate trying to do this stuff.

Comment

football game??? was there a football game today??? I was busy riding my motorcycle!
      -MC

Comment

happy Birthday! Wish I was still 36!

Comment

Yeah, 36 sounds really good.

What problem posting the pix? Maybe it's too large a file and have you added .jpg (etc.) to the file name?

I had a learing experience figuring it out too.

My FIRST motorcycle was a 1967 Honda CL160. I rode that thing from Wisconsin to California then to the East Coast then back to Wisconsin in 1970 at age 17. My own personal Easy Rider/Bronson adventure. Got homesick and later blew the engine going FLAT OUT with a passenger (79 mph). It's still lying out back on the scrap metal heap. So I like those older Hondas too. Like many of us, I guess I just like motorcycles.

I planned to update to a CB450 around 1971 and was saving my money, but was diverted by a bunch of old Harley-Davidson "junk."

Sounds like your ride was a good one!

Comment

Working...
          X