X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any ideal?

this, early Simplex?
    Attached Files

I was hoping someone would identify your chassis, pan620. I looked at pics of Simplex Servi-cycles and the frames are quite different from yours. I think your frame is better looking than a S-C and looks to have a longer wheelbase. I want to say, "it looks European" but that reminds me of all the people that would look at my 1917 Henderson and say, "Hmmm, Henderson; is that a German motorcycle?" Regarless of my usual baloney, I think your chassis would be a lot of fun to build up with a vintage Briggs and Stratton motor, and a gas tank of your own design. You have a jack shaft assy. and would just need to fabricate a belt tensioner (of some sort). It's not pioneer vintage, and I believe it is more '40s to '50s era.
    Eric Smith
    AMCA #886

Comment

Thanks Eric for the reply, it is for sale local to me and I could not figure out for sure what it was, it does look like a fun project!

Comment

Originally posted by pan620 View Post
        Thanks Eric for the reply, it is for sale local to me and I could not figure out for sure what it was, it does look like a fun project!
        Servi-cycle. Not a late Simplex. 1935-37 frame will be 7/8" tube, 1938-on were 1" tube.
        AFJ

Comment

I looked at pictures of 1935 and later Servi-Cycles and every year I saw had curved frame tubes that went over the top of the gas tank. Also the front down-tubes follow the radius of the front wheel on the bike pan620 posted, whereas the Servi-Cycle had straight down-tubes. Additionally, the fork uses 2 spring assy. and this bike has a single large spring. I don't think it's a Servi-Cycle.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

This is suppose to be a 1935 Servi-Cycle, and we all know the internet does not lie There is not a lot of good information out there about the Servi-Cycle.

1935 servicycle.jpg
            Eric Smith
            AMCA #886

Comment

Working...
            X