X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet another Motorcycle movie... Motorcycle Diaries

I just saw Motorcycle Diaries....

MOVIE SPOILERS BELOW
    That wasn't a movie about Motorcycles! Is it just me, or did I miss something?? Yeah, I know it was about this Che fellow.. but to be honest, I never heard of him before, and then I find out he was a communist leader in Cuba... or something like that. What really got me, was the fact that the Cycle (The STAR of the movie) was only in it for about 40 minutes! I did however like the music, and the story was good, but I just wish they didn't mislead me into thinking I was going to see a "movie about a cross country motorcycle trip". One cow, and your done! I am glad I didn't pay to see this. I just caught it on one of my TMC channels.

http://www.motorcyclediariesmovie.com/home.html

What are your thoughts on this movie?

Jim

I think it was a pretty interesting movie all in all. I was a little disappointed when the Norton was abandoned though. I did get a few giggles in on some of the riding scenes though. The crashes actually had me howling............

Comment

I saw it, and thought it was great.
      It is a true story based on Che Guevara and his mate as they travelled Sth America in the late 40s. As he didn't ride the bike throughout his whole trip, it was depicted correctly.
      The bike segments were well done, showing a British machine being overloaded and pushed to breaking point.
      The rest of the movie with out the bike was just as enjoyable, from a historical point of view (I was aware of the back ground of the man)
      The title may have been a bit misleading if you mostly wanted to see bike footage.
      Just an example of why you have a HD icon as an identifier, where as I would use a laughing Indian (if I had access to one!)

Best wishes.

Ken.

Comment

Ive seen it and the tittle drew me in but the rest of the story was A-OK,was boring at times but as Baytown said,I too have read a little about Che Guevara,so the whole movie was just fine! But thats what makes this forum so good we can agree to disagree!!

Comment

Working...
        X