Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then Came Bronson on SPEED CH.

Thought I would post this...

Then Came Bronson airs on the SPEED channel on Feb. 5 2006 at 9 PM EST. and also on Feb.6, 06 at 2 AM. EST

Check your listings

Jim

I remember one episode where Bronson (and his XLH Sportster) entered a hill climb while on this travels. Shot of a dirt bike going up the hill with the rider dressed in Bronson's characteristic garb. Pretty cheesy.

Comment

I "sorta" remember that one... but the one I really remember is the one where he filled up with gas at a gas station, but the old man that filled it put Kerosene in it instead. So... he had to take his bike apart and while working in the garage he spotted an antique bike that used to belong to the old man, so they both got them running and went for a ride. Well... at least that is how I remembered it. Your memory may differ than actual mileage as I am going back to when they were first aired.... along time ago.

Jim

Comment

When it first aired I loved the show, then I remember watching the reruns and I think it gave me the RUNS !!!! But will tune in for oldtime sakes,thanks for posting the date! AND STATION!

Comment

how about when the guy stole his bike and ran it into the lake you se him stay up late to clean all the water out next day his on the road again you gota love it
          pat

Comment

Seems I remember one episode where he went off a cliff on his bike with another Jap bike stand-in used. Then he fixed the damage using a rock to get back on the road. Unless that was the previously mentioned hillclimb episode.

And what was that little emblem on his gastank? It wasn't stock H-D. A little triangle or something?

Comment

Originally posted by p aiello
              how about when the guy stole his bike and ran it into the lake you se him stay up late to clean all the water out next day his on the road again you gota love it
              pat
              I did that once. Hit an old bridge and my bike went into the Wisconsin River near Tomahawk: "Glug! Glug! Glug!"

I took my motor (Pan) all apart right away before talking to my dealer Bud Pater in Racine. Then he told me that I didn't need to take the motor apart, but to drain and refill the engine and tranny with fresh oil, put in a good battery and fire it up. The heat would burn out all the residual moisture. He said that they used that process for ice racers and snowmobiles that went thru the ice and it worked fine.

Duh!

Comment

This riding into water topic reminds me of the story I used to hear in high school. "Two guys stole Harleys (sometimes it was BSA's) and were being chased by the cops, so they ran the bikes into the (water filled) gravel pit on Town Line Road." Then you ran into the one guy that not only had heard the story, but KNEW FOR A FACT that it was true. The infamous gravel pit was east of U.S. 41, about 5 miles south of the Il-Wis state line.

Comment

Originally posted by swall
                  This riding into water topic reminds me of the story I used to hear in high school. "Two guys stole Harleys (sometimes it was BSA's) and were being chased by the cops, so they ran the bikes into the (water filled) gravel pit on Town Line Road." Then you ran into the one guy that not only had heard the story, but KNEW FOR A FACT that it was true. The infamous gravel pit was east of U.S. 41, about 5 miles south of the Il-Wis state line.
                  Good story swall, and one I had not heard before, altho we used to ride in that area years ago because at that time Illinois didn't have a helmet law and Wisconsin still did.

Another story I heard from Stanley in Keno who collected a lot of 45 stuff was a teens Harley-Davidson(?) that had been thrown into a creek down there. I kind of think it might have been Pike River, but I'm not totally sure as it was a long time ago. But I know Stanley went out looking for it and found zip.

Then we have the old Waverley-P.E.M.-Jefferson Motorcycle being built RIGHT on the bank of the Rock River and everytime they draw the river down Jeff is out there hunting for bikes (old junk) that may have been thrown into the river.

Comment

The Emblem for Then Came Bronson

This is an original decal from a friend of mine at the factory (H-D)

Comment

I remember the Eye inside the triangle, But I sure don't know what it means....

Old Dude... I am assuming by your friend that this was a "Factory" decal?? I never seen one other than the one on TCB.

Jim

Comment

It's the all seeing eye of the trinity. An old religious symbol. It's also on the back of the dollar bill. What you saw on speed the other night was the pilot movie that the show was based on.
                        I could drone for quite some time on the the Bronson topic--Twenty four episodes were produced, cancelled after one season. It was putting the sleeping pill makers out of business!
                        Still it was good to watch something motorcycle related from that period that was not the typical biker or hippie/biker movie. I have most of the episodes around somewhere on tape.
                        John Hasty

Comment

Hmm. Eye in the triangle, eh? That's kind of what I thought maybe it was but wasn't sure. I wonder what the meaning was? That Bronson could see thru the BS of the "man" and the oppressive Establishment? Or was it a good luck charm to watch out for cars making left turns in front of him?

Since I can't remember much about the original show I'm also wondering if the Bronson character ever REALLY kickstarted his bike into action on the show or was that mostly faked?

Comment

Factory

Jim,

I was just mentioning that the gentleman I received the decal from was employed at the factory, did not mean to insinuate that they used the decal for anything other than the TV show

Bart & Clete
                            Old Dude Vintage

Comment

All Seeing Eye.......

Here's a link to some info on it's use in modern times:

http://www.inplainsite.org/html/maso...n_symbols.html

Jack

Comment

Working...
                              X