Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride to Work Day -- IHSG challenges the AMCA

RIDE TO WORK DAY IS HERE!

Calling all riders -- do you want to share your passion for old motorbikes -- good, ride to work TODAY, Monday June 17 2019.

To add some fun, the Ironhead Sportster Garage, a private facebook group, is challenging the AMCA membership to a ride off. A good number of IHSG members are also AMCA and chapter members. Bragging rights are up for the most number of riders and the most miles ridden.

We are doing this on ironheads - partially to promote riding and partially to show there's nothing wrong with a "girls" bike.

To get us started, here's Althea, my 59XLH sitting outside the office this morning. 65 miles round trip; 55 degrees (brrr).

Let's see who's riding!IMG_1501.jpg

Do you work at Field Museum Chuck ?

Comment

Originally posted by shermanpup View Post
      Do you work at Field Museum Chuck ?
      Yes, I do.

Comment

I used to know how to post a photo, but now I haven't a clue. I have a photo of me with my '56 Harley KHK at the law office where I still have conference room privileges. If I retire next month as planned, I may not be able to use the building and sign as a backdrop; so, I am taking advantage of it now. Next year, I'll use my farmland as the place where I work. If anyone can tell me how to post a photo, please do so.
        George Tinkham
        Springfield, IL
        www.virmc.com
        AMCA # 1494
        1941 Indian 841
        1948 Indian Chief
        1956 H-D KHK
        1960 CH
        1964 BMW R69S
        1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
        1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

juneeric.jpgGeorge, I use the photo posting feature here, but there are a number of steps you have wade through. I tried to break it down for you, but I got lost at step 4 or 5 I can tell you that you start with 'Go Advanced' (just below), and then look for the box that says 'Manage Attachments'.

I went for a ride on my '48FL this morning. I had to take a small package of Henderson parts to the post office which is (sort of) my post retirement job. I had a great ride, and the bike ran beautifully until it ran out of gas. I would have sworn it had plenty of gas. Fortunately, the house was only a mile or so away and should have been an easy walk except it started raining. Needless to say, my wife took me back to the bike, gave it some gas, and I clocked about 24 miles total by the time I got back to the house. The first part was fun; the second part, not so much My wife took this picture after I dried off.
          Eric Smith
          AMCA #886

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]25020[/ATTACH]

I went for a ride on my '48FL this morning. I had to take a small package of Henderson parts to the post office which is (sort of) my post retirement job. I had a great ride, and the bike ran beautifully until it ran out of gas. I would have sworn it had plenty of gas. Fortunately, the house was only a mile or so away and should have been an easy walk except it started raining. Needless to say, my wife took me back to the bike, gave it some gas, and I clocked about 24 miles total by the time I got back to the house. The first part was fun; the second part, not so much My wife took this picture after I dried off.
            Nice! We turned out THREE riders.

Comment

Well, the IHSG has to concede bragging rights. Out of 3900 members, only three rode yesterday, and two of those three were retirees! Our total mileage was 140.

On the plus side, I had a nice ride.

As a good Chicagoan would say, there's always next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Coolbreeze View Post
                I used to know how to post a photo, but now I haven't a clue. I have a photo of me with my '56 Harley KHK at the law office where I still have conference room privileges. If I retire next month as planned, I may not be able to use the building and sign as a backdrop; so, I am taking advantage of it now. Next year, I'll use my farmland as the place where I work. If anyone can tell me how to post a photo, please do so.
                Thank you!

How's the field looking? We are only 30 percent planted in much of my corner of northeast Illinois. Not gonna be a good season.

Comment

I rode, but not to work. My crew was a combination of retired, out of work, and a teacher on summer vacation. We didn't want to ride to work, so we rode to breakfast.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gfTFgZ]

Comment

Originally posted by Sportster Jerry View Post
                    I rode, but not to work. My crew was a combination of retired, out of work, and a teacher on summer vacation. We didn't want to ride to work, so we rode to breakfast.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2gfTFgZ]
                    Excellent!

Glad to see some more ironheads in the wind!

Comment

Originally posted by exeric View Post

I went for a ride on my '48FL this morning.
                      Great photo. Glad you had a good ride for at least 1/2 the trip and made it home OK. Now I am going to try to post my photo.
                      Attached Files
                      George Tinkham
                      Springfield, IL
                      www.virmc.com
                      AMCA # 1494
                      1941 Indian 841
                      1948 Indian Chief
                      1956 H-D KHK
                      1960 CH
                      1964 BMW R69S
                      1966 Honda Touring Benly (aka "150 Dream")
                      1984 Moto Guzzi V65Sp

Comment

Unfortunately, the weather in my neck of the woods did not cooperate to ride into work.
                        Craig (Delaware)
                        Delaware Bay Chapter
                        Perkiomen Chapter
                        AMCA Member #1011

Comment

Great picture, George. Glad you noodled out the photo posting feature.
                          Eric Smith
                          AMCA #886

Comment

FINALLY GOT PHOTOBUCKET TO WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Larry May View Post
                              FINALLY GOT PHOTOBUCKET TO WORK
                              Fantastic! I dig the blue.

Thanks for sharing!

Comment

Working...
                              X